Which is the best case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by Angela04, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Angela04

Angela04 New Member

Which is a better case? The Otterbox or Griffin Survivor? I have the Otterbox Defender right now and just getting bored with it. I do
    have a 2 year old so it's important to me to have a sturdy case just in case my son gets a hold of it. Just curious! :D

2. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

I'd rather spend the extra 20 and get a lifeproof, forget the otterbox, I wouldn't buy another one If they cost a dollar.

3. Angela04

Angela04 New Member

Really? Lifeproof is like 70 bucks right? What's the difference other than it's slimmer?

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

The Lifeproof is much slimmer than the Survivor and it's waterproof, not just water resistant. The Otterbox isn't even water resistant, IIRC, and it's more bulky than the Lifeproof.

5. n_stavr

n_stavr New Member

lifeproof is the best case...

6. Tbry

Tbry New Member

i think jisoncase would be the best case. Their cases are made by hand and service is good. By the way, case mate is also good. But i do not like their pattern.

7. Mrallank59

Mrallank59 Contributor
    Bronze

If weren't for the big gap that separates the front from the back, the Otterbox Armor series would be the best case out there. Provided that you don't mind a big case. Other than that, the life proof fre' is the best case out there

8. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Currently at Amazon, the Lifeproof fre is only $54.99. The Otterbox Defender is $39.99. For $15 more, I'd choose the Lifeproof. It's more bang for your bucks!
    ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1390143102.530758.jpg

9. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Evangelist
    Gold

I'd recommend checking the web site iLounge. They have many reviews of iDevice accessories. They review and rate them and provide a searchable history of reviews.
    YMMV

10. MyRichLife

MyRichLife Zealot
    Gold

I say the best iPhone case is the Mophie battery case that charges on the go when your wanting to charge your phone no matter where your at the present time.

11. Chancellor

Chancellor Contributor
    Bronze

I also just found the "nuud" on amazon for $64.00, this is my first lifeproof and I'm eager to try it.

Nexus5/iPhone5s

12. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Is it shipped and sold by Amazon? I ask because there are some fakes out there, even on Amazon.

13. Chancellor

Chancellor Contributor
    Bronze

Yeah it was sold from the amazon option, i already emailed lifeproof asking if a way exists to verify that it's legit (so far no response).

Nexus5/iPhone5s

14. AmandaKess

AmandaKess Member
    Bronze

I'm currently using a custom photo case I made on Shutterfly with a screen protector. It's not as bulky as most of the other options on the market and I wanted something that would be unique to me and me alone.

15. Mrallank59

Mrallank59 Contributor
    Bronze

I just switched from the FRE' to the NUUD. I like the transparent back. Finally having a clear screen is also a plus.

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_02_21_3ame5y3y.jpg img.tapatalk.com_d_14_02_21_yquta7ej.jpg

#15 Mrallank59, Feb 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2015