Which jailbreak method should I use?

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by Tman25, May 28, 2012.

1. Tman25

Tman25 New Member

I'm thinking of jail breaking my iPhone. It looks like i don't have to plug it into a computer now but not sure which one to use. Any ideas?

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

The newest Jailbreak, Absinthe 2.0.2 is available for iOS 5.1.1. You need to plug your device in for that Jailbreak. Besides that, it's a very smooth Jailbreak. Are you on the latest iOS? Which iPhone are you using?

greenpois0n.com/

#2 MoneyMaker79, May 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2014
  3. Tman25

Tman25 New Member

I have the iPhone 4 and yes I have ios 5.1. What website do I go to for that jailbreak?

4. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

You will want to first update to the latest 5.1.1 iOS, unless there is something on there you don't like.

greenpois0n.com/ works for Windows and Mac, and it's for the latest iOS 5.1.1. Make sure you choose what OS you're on, in the top right of the website. Windows, Mac or Linux.

#4 MoneyMaker79, May 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2014
  5. Tman25

Tman25 New Member

Are those jailbreaks untethered. Where I don't have to plug my phone into a computer?

6. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Yes, it's untethered. But to Jailbreak you must plug your iPhone into your computer. After that, you do not have to plug it in to your computer unless you have to restore through iTunes. Untethered just means you don't have to reboot through your computer every time you reboot your iPhone.

7. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

8. Tman25

Tman25 New Member

Ok. I'll do that. I was wondering I know when I had a 3G I went to jailbreak.com and the phone jail broke itself. So i'm clear this one isn't like that rite?

9. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

JailbreakMe.com was the website I do believe. I wish we still had that available. Unfortunately we don't. But, Absinthe 2.0.2 is very easy. Download to desktop, plug iPhone in, open Absinthe and make sure it reads and sees it, then press Jailbreak and don't touch your iPhone until it says it's completed.