Which MacBook should I get?

RyansTitan05

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 21, 2008
I currently have a 24 Inch iMac (2008 model) that I'm looking to sell! Wanting to switch to a laptop! My main use for the computer is online browsing and some gaming not much! Every once in a while ill do some photo editing, video editing! I will store a lot of photos on the computer! Those are my basic needs for the laptop! Now which one do you think would fit me best?

Thanks guys

Sent using iCafe app

besweeet

Contributor
Silver
Jun 7, 2009
San Antonio, TX
briansweet.me
Well, the very first place to start is with your budget. You can get a lot for a little but also a little for a lot. Since you're looking for a MacBook, getting the base 13-inch MacBook Air is probably a good way to go.

RyansTitan05

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 21, 2008
Well, the very first place to start is with your budget. You can get a lot for a little but also a little for a lot. Since you're looking for a MacBook, getting the base 13-inch MacBook Air is probably a good way to go.

That's my biggest delima, I would like a 15 inch! Going from a 24 inch to a 13 would be rough!

Budget, I don't really have one! But I don't want to waste money either!

Sent using iCafe app

besweeet

Contributor
Silver
Jun 7, 2009
San Antonio, TX
briansweet.me
That's my biggest delima, I would like a 15 inch! Going from a 24 inch to a 13 would be rough!

Budget, I don't really have one! But I don't want to waste money either!

If you plan on using your MacBook Air in one spot a lot, you could pickup a secondary monitor to use with it.

Since the refreshed MacBook Airs just came out last week, it doesn't look like we'll be seeing a 15-inch model anytime soon, so the 15-inch MacBook Pro with the retina display is probably what you'll want. But I would wait until they get Intel's updated processors.

RyansTitan05

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 21, 2008
If you plan on using your MacBook Air in one spot a lot, you could pickup a secondary monitor to use with it.

Since the refreshed MacBook Airs just came out last week, it doesn't look like we'll be seeing a 15-inch model anytime soon, so the 15-inch MacBook Pro with the retina display is probably what you'll want. But I would wait until they get Intel's updated processors.

Thanks I was leaning towards the pro but I don't know! I may look at the 13 inch! I feel like I'd be paying double for 2 more inches!

Sent using iCafe app