Which new iPad are you buying or not buying?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I'm thinking 32GB WiFi model. I'll probably sell my 64GB 3G iPad 2. It's too much iPad for my wife, so doesn't make sense to hand-me-down.

What new iPad are you buying?

macscac

Bronze
Jun 17, 2009
i honestly don't know if the screen res justifies a new purchase.
i think that Apple focusing on a camera on this thing is stupid.. we all have iPhones. who is lugging this tank around to snap 1080 video with?

unless theres something more to it than that, my ipad2 rocks for websurfing and pandora.. which is all i use an ipad for

Mommy

Zealot
Gold
Feb 19, 2011
NY
i honestly don't know if the screen res justifies a new purchase.
i think that Apple focusing on a camera on this thing is stupid.. we all have iPhones. who is lugging this tank around to snap 1080 video with?

unless theres something more to it than that, my ipad2 rocks for websurfing and pandora.. which is all i use an ipad for
me too, I agree for me atleast it's not worth the upgrade from the ipad2. I never take pics on it... Now if the iPod got a retna display and better camera I would definitely upgrade!

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
I seriously won't be buying this new one unless my current iPad 2 (only had it about six months or so) died or something drastic...

irainbow_chic

Bronze
Oct 5, 2011
Yeah, I'm totally not impressed either. I'm in shock that it doesn't even have Siri, even if it's just for the novelty. I was going to make this my first iPad, but it seems like a waste. I heard Microsoft will be coming out with a tablet and that's the one I'll spring for. Sorry, but Microsoft Word is a must for me. I'm in college and our professors do not allow for any other sort of format.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Yeah, I'm totally not impressed either. I'm in shock that it doesn't even have Siri, even if it's just for the novelty. I was going to make this my first iPad, but it seems like a waste. I heard Microsoft will be coming out with a tablet and that's the one I'll spring for. Sorry, but Microsoft Word is a must for me. I'm in college and our professors do not allow for any other sort of format.
If that's the only reason you're considering a Microsoft tablet, you might want to reconsider. You can create and edit Word documents on an iPad with the Pages app.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pages/id361309726?mt=8

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I will continue to skip the iPads. No real need for one.
Me, neither. I'm one of the few who don't even want it. I bought an iPad 2 on release day and returned it the next day because it was too heavy and awkward for me to use and type on.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
Me, neither. I'm one of the few who don't even want it. I bought an iPad 2 on release day and returned it the next day because it was too heavy and awkward for me to use and type on.
I got a first gen when they came out and very quickly gave it to the kids. They love it.

|3are

Silver
Jun 13, 2008
Texas
Is it fully functioning as Microsoft word though? I need to do more then edit, I have to put things in perfect MLA format etc
I'm also not sure, but you should probably double-check to make sure. Word processing is such a small part of what these tablets can do. I'd hate to see you make a decision based on that alone, especially if it turns out that the iPad actually can meet your needs.

Also, someone recently posted a screenshot of Microsoft Office running on an iPad that Microsoft was VERY unhappy about. Microsoft won't discuss Office for iPad right now, not even to confirm or deny that they're working on it. I'll bet it's coming, though.

DVision

Aug 23, 2008
I'm also not sure, but you should probably double-check to make sure. Word processing is such a small part of what these tablets can do. I'd hate to see you make a decision based on that alone, especially if it turns our that the iPad actually can meet your needs.

Also, someone recently posted a screenshot of Microsoft Office running on an iPad that Microsoft was VERY unhappy about. Microsoft won't discuss Office for iPad right now, not even to confirm or deny that they're working on it. I'll bet it's coming, though.
That's what apps like Splashtop are for!