Which New iPhone Are You Buying?

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Before the keynote, Apple said partial for me on October 3rd this year.. Now it says November 3rd this year. AT&T tells me a full upgrade on October 2nd, 2014.
Full upgrade for me is 10/2/2014 as well, per AT&T. I'm going to sell my 5 on ebay and get the partial on Oct (Or Nov) 2nd 2013. Fo shizzle.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Partial upgrades are the month that you upgraded last year, and they are rolled up to the first day of the month. Both of yours will show October 1st on October 1st.

gadgetgal

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
I'm holding out for the time being. I got my 4S in Feb 2012 and became eligible for my AT&T upgrade this past May. Figured of course with the new release month cycle looking like September or so, knew it would be worth skipping the 5. I still however am not upgrading yet because I just don't have the money at this time especially since then I'd have to get new accessories, case, lightning connector adaptor thing or two since I have tons of charger cords built up from my several previous iPhones, etc. (and I am accustomed to having the cords in work, home, and briefcase places, so needing an adaptor piece to keep track of is not high on my list) I could see myself maybe getting the 5S gold but possibly the black because I put it in an Otterbox anyway which hides it. I will go for a 32gb this time because I do find I could use more room now.
However, for the immediate time, I am cool with my 4S and will do the software upgrade. Not sure when I'll upgrade to the 5S but imagine I will in the next few months. But there's an off chance that I would go as far as to not bother upgrading until a year from now. Guess I'll see.

Last edited:

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
THis was going to be my first pre-order. But alas, it's not meant to be. Cause I'm going with the 5S 32GB Gold. I'm kind of bummed that it doesn't sound like AT&T will likely have them on launch day, and the nearest Apple store is 150 miles away. I have no plans to drive up there that weekend. Guess it's gonna be a Sept 20 order for me, and hope I only have to wait through the weekend for it to arrive.

Get_Zwole

Bronze
Jun 20, 2009
Oklahoma City
Silver/white 16gb most likely still the best looking to me. Girlfriend switching to AT&T so I'm taking her upgrade she gets my like new 5. Next year my mom who is also on my plan will be eligible so ill get her 6 and pass down the others. They are not as hip on technology as I am so they are more then happy with a year old phone.

Sent using iCafe app

Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
Silver/white 16gb most likely still the best looking to me. Girlfriend switching to AT&T so I'm taking her upgrade she gets my like new 5. Next year my mom who is also on my plan will be eligible so ill get her 6 and pass down the others. They are not as hip on technology as I am so they are more then happy with a year old phone.

Sent using iCafe app

Hello, 1950s. So nice of you to drop by...:D
:D

ITS ME DAVID

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 8, 2010
L.A C.A
I'll be doing a cross upgrade for the 5s space grey in 16gb AMD selling my black galaxy s4.

KenGold

Sep 7, 2013
Partial upgrades are the month that you upgraded last year, and they are rolled up to the first day of the month. Both of yours will show October 1st on October 1st.
What is a partial upgrade? I'm reading that you can get the new 5s, 64size, for $399, with a two year contract . That would be a full upgrade? I have a year left in my iPhone 5. Does that mean I can get a partial from AT&T for a little more than the $399?

Sent using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
What is a partial upgrade? I'm reading that you can get the new 5s, 64size, for $399, with a two year contract . That would be a full upgrade? I have a year left in my iPhone 5. Does that mean I can get a partial from AT&T for a little more than the $399?
Partial is $250 more than the full subsidy price through AT&T. Full price is $450 more than the full subsidy price. So a 64 GB would be $650 with partial subsidy or $850 at full price.