Which new iPhone are you getting?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I'm getting a 128 GB 6s, but I'm still not certain on the color. My last two iPhones were space grey and I'd like to get something different this year. I'm leaning towards rose gold.

Which new iPhone are you getting?

Here are some screenshots of the actual rose gold phone. Apple renderings don't always show the true color. The reviewer said the color is really nice.

Screen Shot 2015-09-09 at 7.19.49 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-09-09 at 7.20.57 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-09-09 at 7.47.11 PM.png

EDIT: Getting 128 GB instead of 64.

Last edited:

dapurplenurple

Bronze
Jul 8, 2009
128GB 6SP for me but leaning toward silver. Have gold 6P now but somehow getting tired of it. Rose gold looks interesting but it's probably the fact that it's unique and that everyone will know it's an 'S' that makes it appealing. Wish they offered black faces on other colors besides Space Gray.

ricks2gtouch

Zealot
Silver
Feb 20, 2009
Florida
Think I am going with AT&T Next on the 64gb 6s Plus. I was considering the 16gb, because I haven't gone over that on my 6. But it looks like everything from apps to pictures is going to be taking up more memory.

Anyone who has a Plus, what do you see as negatives.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Think I am going with AT&T Next on the 64gb 6s Plus. I was considering the 16gb, because I haven't gone over that on my 6. But it looks like everything from apps to pictures is going to be taking up more memory.

Anyone who has a Plus, what do you see as negatives.
The 16 GB is a bad idea for this phone, in my opinion. Even though you are able to manage storage on your 6 Plus fine, it will be more difficult on the 6s Plus due to the larger photo size, live photos and 4k video.

diverdown

Contributor
Silver
Sep 12, 2007
NYC
I am leaning toward the 128gb 6s in silver. My 5s and 6 were space grey so I'm thinking of changing it up a bit. Going for the 128 over the 64 as my 64 is almost full now and I'm going to want to play with the 4K video....

~S

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
I'm thinking 128GB Space Grey 6s Plus. I was debating going down to the regular 6 size, but the case I have is for the 6 Plus and I don't feel like getting a new case (at least this is what I'm telling myself)

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
Oh @Europa you little temptress!!!!:cautious: I AM ACTUALLY ON THE FENCE!!!:mad: Leaning toward the Space gray 128GB iPhone 6S Plus but that Rose Gold is sooooo SEXY!! OMG!! :laugh2: It's like the one you know you want, you know you can have but you best not touch it because eventually you'll get tired of it and wish you never ever did it.

Okay, I'm calm now. :cool: I've come to my senses. I'm going to go with the Space Gray iPhone 6s Plus 128GB. I love that all black front. Nothing can beat that for me so I'll sacrifice for now but APPLE HEAR THIS....GIVE US A BLACK FRONT WITH A ROSE GOLD BACK FOR THE iPhone 7 PLEEEEEEASE!! - See I asked nicely.:love:

Last edited:

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I just decided I'm going to get the 128 GB this year. I've never used more than 40 GB on an iPhone, but 4K video takes huge amounts of space so I might need more than 64 GB.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
I just decided I'm going to get the 128 GB this year. I've never used more than 40 GB on an iPhone, but 4K video takes huge amounts of space so I might need more than 64 GB.
YAY @Europa Welcome to the dark side of 128Gb of Storage Space,:cool: the most you can get on an iPhone ever! You will feel empowered, unbreakable, invincible in the Gig World!

Video, Photos, Live Photos and Apps will be no match for you!!! MUHAHAHAHA!!!

WELCOME MY SWEET! You will Love the Freedom!

Keukawater

Bronze
Sep 10, 2014
I'm going with the 6sPlus in gold this time. I've never had anything but black or space grey iPhones, but that gold color has really grown on me. Every time I see one on display in a store I have to stop and look at it. I never thought I'd like a gold phone, but now I feel like I must have one!

I haven't decided on storage. My 64 GB 6 plus is up to 52 GB of used storage right now. I have a bunch of garbage videos and pictures that I need to delete. I'll get it cleaned up tonight and see what that leaves me for space, and then decide from there, but I'll be going with 64GB minimum.

B89rent89

Bronze
Sep 19, 2012
I'm always deleting stuff to install a new IOS even with 128GB on both iPhone and iPad so I'll definitely be getting a 128GB 6s and using magic to increase that to 256GB.

47seijar

Zealot
Bronze
Oct 6, 2012
Denville, NJ
I agree that with 4K video recording storage space will be at a premium. 128GB is the way to go, if for no other reason than to give yourself some "future-proofing." I think folks were hoping that online/cloud storage would make less internal storage go farther. And although iCloud, Box, Dropbox, and OneDrive have come a long way, they're still not ready to let users offload all their media and data just yet.

I said I was not upgrading this cycle, but I know that's not always how it goes with me. If I do upgrade, it will definitely be a 128GB model. As rfor color, since I'm always using a case I just get the classic Space Gray. The rose gold is very sharp, even for a guy, but with cases I tend to prefer the dark face instead of white. That means I'll stick with boring old Space Gray.