Which new iPhone are you going to get?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

dallasjetfan

Contributor
Bronze
Oct 15, 2011
I currently have the 7 Plus. I love the size of it. I need a new phone because I'm on Upgrade program and I've used both my accidental damages. My issue and fear is what if I don't get on the initial run of the X and have to wait weeks or months. I'm ordering the 8 Plus and if for some reason I have to wait for it to ship then I will go ahead with the X. I really don't want a smaller phone albeit with a bigger screen. The improvements on the 8 are enough for me right now. If I wasn't in need of a phone and starting over with AC+ then I would probably wait. I will hope next years version is even bigger or has a Plus model.

CASEACE79

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 29, 2009
I will get the 8. I watched them screw up face ID so I assume that it will be glitchy for awhile. Touch ID is easier to me. I will get a bigger version of the X in the future. The 8 will be great for now.
I read a report saying the reason for the fail was due to other Apple employee's trying to unlock the phone. It denied it 5 times so just like Touch ID you have to enter your pin. Guess we'll all have to wait till Nov to find out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I read a report saying the reason for the fail was due to other Apple employee's trying to unlock the phone. It denied it 5 times so just like Touch ID you have to enter your pin. Guess we'll all have to wait till Nov to find out.
Such a dumb and unfortunate oversight. All they had to do was have him test it right before the Keynote to make sure there were no problems.

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
Probably go 8 plus. Face ID alone is a step back imo. The fingerprint scanner makes so much more sense and it's a much easier way to unlock the phone. Aside from that there's not much difference in the 8 plus and X except ani-emojis and a slight difference in camera. The 8 plus even has a slightly better battery.

diverdown

Contributor
Silver
Sep 12, 2007
NYC
I've had iPhones since the original came out. Currently I'm using a 256 GB 7+, but I really like the new display on the the iPhone X and the smaller overall case size with a bigger screen.

T-Mobile just listed their pricing for the X:

64GB $999.99. $279.99 down and $30 per month for 24 months.
256GB $1,149.99, $429.9 down and $30 per month for $24 months.

Wow. For my 256 7+, it was 299 down and 30 per month. It's hard for me to justify the X's price when I can get a S8 for $30 down and $30 per month for 24 months. Both the s8 and the X are roughly the same size with the same screen size. No, the s8 does not have a dual camera, but its camera is still very good.

As both OSes are mature at this point, and I really have no issues using either, this has just become a very tough decision. If only they had released a 128GB instead of the 256GB......

~S

dallasjetfan

Contributor
Bronze
Oct 15, 2011
I looked at the S8+ and Note 8, but that curved screen makes finding a case that protects your phone almost impossible. Being able to take phone in to Apple store is the main reason I stay with Apple. Everything is so seamless. I just couldn't give up the Touch ID yet. I had my screen replaced by an aftermarket company and the screen has a yellowish tint so a new 8 Plus with True Tone is going to make my 8 Plus look like a completely new phone. The notch bothers me also. Content will be smaller on some things with the X than the Plus. I wonder if the X will sell out quickly so that was a concern as well.

diverdown

Contributor
Silver
Sep 12, 2007
NYC
I agree that Apple support is great and I would miss that. But I really want a larger screen in a smaller format than my 7+.

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
I tried a Moto X one time. I liked some of the features compared to Apple. But I think I am too use to the iOS Features. plus everything Music and Movie wise that I have purchased are all on iTunes. I ended up switching back after my 30 day trial.