Which new iPhone are you going to get?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ednygma

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 9, 2009
Louisville, KY
I have used palm, crackberry, iOS, Droid and iOS again over the years. They have all been enjoyable at times and frustrating at others. In my opinion droid and iOS are not that far off in terms of usability/functionality. I went back to, and stay with, iOS because at the end of the day...Apple support, equipment consistency and seamless (most of the time) integration of software updates is just so much superior to Droid. But that is my opinion and your mileage may vary. My clock is set so I am up and ready to go on 10/27.

dallasjetfan

Contributor
Bronze
Oct 15, 2011
I tried a Moto X one time. I liked some of the features compared to Apple. But I think I am too use to the iOS Features. plus everything Music and Movie wise that I have purchased are all on iTunes. I ended up switching back after my 30 day trial.
I think I would be the same way. And that is exactly how Apple wants it. The ecosystem is just too easy and relatively seamless.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Probably go 8 plus. Face ID alone is a step back imo. The fingerprint scanner makes so much more sense and it's a much easier way to unlock the phone. Aside from that there's not much difference in the 8 plus and X except ani-emojis and a slight difference in camera. The 8 plus even has a slightly better battery.
Did you not notice the large, bezel-less screen? And Apple said the X would have 2 more hours battery than the 8 (I think).

dallasjetfan

Contributor
Bronze
Oct 15, 2011
I agree Face ID is not a better option for me. I use my phone in my Jeep and it's in a phone holder. Face ID wouldn't work for me. I have to have Touch ID.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
So wait. You said you've always wanted a silver back and black front, yet you're going to put a black case on it, effectively turning it into a black phone with a black front.
Yep. I always use an Apple case. I don't like the clear ones and I crack the screens if I don't use a case.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I agree Face ID is not a better option for me. I use my phone in my Jeep and it's in a phone holder. Face ID wouldn't work for me. I have to have Touch ID.
I've been thinking the same thing for the past few days. I might end up not getting an X after all. I'm going think about it for the next month or so.

dallasjetfan

Contributor
Bronze
Oct 15, 2011
I've been thinking the same thing for the past few days. I might end up not getting an X after all. I'm going think about it for the next month or so.
I also check my phone during the night when I wake up and opening my eyes is usually not what I want to do. I open one eye and check notifications. I really thought about the best phone for me and screen cropping and Face ID were the reasons I chose to stay with the Plus lineup.

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
I'm getting the 8 plus!! Not spending a $1k on un proven technology. They couldn't even get it to work correctly during there keynote. No thanks! Not to mention all the apps will need resizing.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Here's what you do. Get in on the first wave of iPhone X preorders. As usual, they'll run out of stock and people will be paying an arm and a leg on ebay for one. So, if you don't like the X, put it on ebay and make some extra cash, and get the 8 or 8 Plus. I hear there are still plenty to go around.

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
I use proclips mount and my mount is actually angled towards my face. I'm thinking it will still work for me. I use Facetime in my car. So I am sincerely hoping it still works for me in my car. If not maybe someone will enable Voice ID one day. I can just say.., :Siri unlock...." lol

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I use proclips mount and my mount is actually angled towards my face. I'm thinking it will still work for me. I use Facetime in my car. So I am sincerely hoping it still works for me in my car. If not maybe someone will enable Voice ID one day. I can just say.., :Siri unlock...." lol
Yeah, I was looking at it yesterday and it's angled enough that it might work fine. I'll probably still end up getting the X.

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
Yeah, I was looking at it yesterday and it's angled enough that it might work fine. I'll probably still end up getting the X.
I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that mine will still work the mount. I'm thinking I am going to turn off Raise to Wake also since they have the same touch to wake function that my watch has.
I can't decide on color now. I really like the silver but I am thinking it's because it's the only one in Apple's Gallery that actually shows the back of the phone.

dallasjetfan

Contributor
Bronze
Oct 15, 2011
The more I look at the X and how content will look with the notch I'm even more convinced I made the right choice with the 8 Plus.

dallasjetfan

Contributor
Bronze
Oct 15, 2011
I've also heard that there will be such a low supply that it could realistically be mid 2018 before the demand will be met. That's unacceptable to me even with me wanting the 8 Plus more.

topcat84

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Hi Guys!
Can someone explain AT&T's trade in program for me? Last September I traded in my 6+ on a 7+ with 256GB and got what I thought was a great trade in deal. My monthly bill went up around $8 and they gave me about $650 for my 6+. I thought it also meant I could trade in every year if I chose to. After calling AT&T yesterday, I found that I AM eligible to trade in my 7+, but I would first have to pay off about $456.00 on my 7 plus and trade it in. Does that sound like a good deal? Otherwise I'd continue to pay off my 7 plus for another year and a half since I initially signed on for a 30 month contract. It's very confusing to me! Thanks in advance!