Which new iPhone are you going to get?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
We have quite a few to choose from this year.

I'm going to get a silver 256 GB iPhone X. I've always wanted a silver iPhone with a black front. So excited for late October!
I went to the Apple store yesterday to take a look at the "Silver"... disappointed. The entire back while they call it silver looks a muddy white.

That's a no go for me. So when I order the X it will have to be black.

Kinda disappointed with the color lineup but I assume that is something Apple will hold back for future releases.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I'll be getting the iPhone X 64 GB. What's interesting is as Apple told me and as we already knew, the iPhone X is for the tenth anniversary, so it will be interesting if they come out with the iPhone 9 next. It'll be ridiculous if they do - my opinion as an Apple investor.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I'll be getting the iPhone X 64 GB. What's interesting is as Apple told me and as we already knew, the iPhone X is for the tenth anniversary, so it will be interesting if they come out with the iPhone 9 next. It'll be ridiculous if they do - my opinion as an Apple investor.
As a non-Apple investor, I don't have a definite opinion on the naming of next year's iPhone.

Sorry, I just wanted to throw in the fact that I'm a non-Apple investor. I get the chicks when I do that. :D

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
As a non-Apple investor, I don't have a definite opinion on the naming of next year's iPhone.

Sorry, I just wanted to throw in the fact that I'm a non-Apple investor. I get the chicks when I do that. :D
Joking/Funniness aside, wouldn't you agree that no matter what happens, the iPhone X will preside over any other phone that comes out? What I mean is, the iPhone 8/8+ is technically now outdated.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Joking/Funniness aside, wouldn't you agree that no matter what happens, the iPhone X will preside over any other phone that comes out? What I mean is, the iPhone 8/8+ is technically now outdated.
The 8 and 8 Plus are hardly outdated. People can still text and check Facebook with either phone, the 8 or the X. And face it, that's the level of usage most people use their phones for, anyway.

If you have to try out the "newest" technology (for Apple, anyway), get the X. If you're fine with the bezels, an LED screen, and no True Depth camera on the front (and/or you really like Touch ID), then get the 8/8 Plus

Outdated? No.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
iPhone X 256GB Silver

I’ve had black, silver and white. I have the 128GB iPhone 7 Plus with over 80GB left but the price difference from 64GB to 256GB is only $149. I’d prefer to have enough storage than not enough and have to delete to free up space.

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
I'm not preordering so I guess from what they say might not be able to get one of the X model until January or February. :(

So then people who wait and get them late will always be behind the eight ball when the new models come out because the new models may come out in November next year and I'll still have three more months to pay on may current model (unless I want to pay an additional three month early).

Kind of a mess, no?

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I'm not preordering so I guess from what they say might not be able to get one of the X model until January or February.
I'm going to preorder on Friday. If the delivery date is too far out, I'll cancel. If the delivery date is within the first couple of weeks, I'll try out the X. I have a 14-day return window. No-lose scenario.