Which new iPhone are you going to get?

Discussion in 'iPhone X' started by Europa, Sep 12, 2017.

1. ricks2gtouch

ricks2gtouch Zealot
    Silver

I have definitely decided to wait on the next iPhone. My 7plus is still new new for me to replace!

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I can respect that decision. I went from the 7 Plus to the 8 Plus, but I can totally understand wanting to wait for the next refresh.

3. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

I went to the Apple store yesterday to take a look at the "Silver"... disappointed. The entire back while they call it silver looks a muddy white.

That's a no go for me. So when I order the X it will have to be black.

Kinda disappointed with the color lineup but I assume that is something Apple will hold back for future releases.

4. SwissCheese06

SwissCheese06 New Member

iPhone X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I'll be getting the iPhone X 64 GB. What's interesting is as Apple told me and as we already knew, the iPhone X is for the tenth anniversary, so it will be interesting if they come out with the iPhone 9 next. It'll be ridiculous if they do - my opinion as an Apple investor.

6. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

As a non-Apple investor, I don't have a definite opinion on the naming of next year's iPhone.

Sorry, I just wanted to throw in the fact that I'm a non-Apple investor. I get the chicks when I do that. :D

7. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Joking/Funniness aside, wouldn't you agree that no matter what happens, the iPhone X will preside over any other phone that comes out? What I mean is, the iPhone 8/8+ is technically now outdated.

8. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

The 8 and 8 Plus are hardly outdated. People can still text and check Facebook with either phone, the 8 or the X. And face it, that's the level of usage most people use their phones for, anyway.

If you have to try out the "newest" technology (for Apple, anyway), get the X. If you're fine with the bezels, an LED screen, and no True Depth camera on the front (and/or you really like Touch ID), then get the 8/8 Plus

Outdated? No.

9. billnye97

billnye97 Contributor
    Silver

I'm going with the X. I have a 7 and I don't really need to upgrade at this time but if I get one great if I don't I'm okay with it.

10. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I just bought an iPhone 7 - 256GB. Holding off on the new phones, for now.

11. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

@chris you've been watching too much TV. :D

Honestly though can't say I blame you. It's a little risky going forward with a new product like the X. But, of course, I'm gonna do it anyway! :p