Which program should i use to convert videos to play them in iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Zackram

Oct 5, 2007
Hello!

Well I tried to use Videora to convert videos to .mp4 format in oder to watch them in my iPhone but the problem is that when the file is converted it is bigger than the original file and i can´t afford to have a file size duplicated in order to see it in the iPhone, for example, I downloaded an episode of Smallville that weights around 350Mb and after conversion the size was around 600Mb.

Can anybady tell me what am I doing wrong or what video conversion program should I use to have the videos in a lower size?

Any help wil be greatly appreciated.

Zack

firefighterjmar

Bronze
Jul 20, 2007
Hello!

Well I tried to use Videora to convert videos to .mp4 format in oder to watch them in my iPhone but the problem is that when the file is converted it is bigger than the original file and i can´t afford to have a file size duplicated in order to see it in the iPhone, for example, I downloaded an episode of Smallville that weights around 350Mb and after conversion the size was around 600Mb.

Can anybady tell me what am I doing wrong or what video conversion program should I use to have the videos in a lower size?

Any help wil be greatly appreciated.

Zack
try handbrake. it has presets already for iPhone, so all you have to do is click "iPhone" and it will do everything for you. including transferring it to iTunes. http://handbrake.m0k.org/

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
if you want to continue using Videora reduce the enconding quality settings. I have mine on 500kbps on the video. I usually get a little smaller file then the original.

leo1405

Sep 24, 2007
try this (the best solution for me): (sorry about my english)

K-Lite codec pack (codec for every single movies :p )
http://baixaki.ig.com.br/download/K-Lite-Mega-Codec-Pack.htm

WinAVI MP4 Converter
http://richard-tem.blogspot.com/2007/10/winavi-3gpmp4pspipod-video.html

On WinAVI do this:

1- Click MP4 button and open the movie file

2- Click Advanced button and use this settings:

Video size: 480x320
Frame Rate: Keep the original
Video Bitrate: 512000
Audio Samplerate: 32000
Audio Bitrate: 64000

You can use another settings to get best quality, but you will have a bigger file... With this settings the file size was about 450MB (complete movie - about 2:00hs)...

3 Click OK, and OK again...

Put the file in your libraty (iTunes) and sync with iPhone...

that's it...

volcomguysd

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
hmmmm

I was reading this thread and saw your link to handbrake I download it and but how do you do it I don't see a click here for iPhone, so let me know.
You using it on Windows or Mac OSX? In Windows, there's a button on the top right that says "Show Presets". Click on that and a box will expand from the right side. You can then choose iPhone/iPod Touch on the menu.

I use it on a Mac and it sets ALL of the settings for me and I literally only have to click "Encode" or whatever it is. The Windows version doesn't appear to do that. You may have to manually enter "320" for the height.

As posted earlier, most people favor Videora for Windows though. Just do a lil homework with iit....

fandrade2006

Bronze
Sep 12, 2007
You using it on Windows or Mac OSX? In Windows, there's a button on the top right that says "Show Presets". Click on that and a box will expand from the right side. You can then choose iPhone/iPod Touch on the menu.

I use it on a Mac and it sets ALL of the settings for me and I literally only have to click "Encode" or whatever it is. The Windows version doesn't appear to do that. You may have to manually enter "320" for the height.

As posted earlier, most people favor Videora for Windows though. Just do a lil homework with iit....
Ya I have Windows did what you did so i'll see what I can do if I cant then i'll switch to Videora but thanks for your help.