Which store to go in the San Francisco area?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

boxta

May 15, 2007
OK... I live in Emeryville, but work in SF downtown area. I am debating where to go on iPhone launch day.

I think the Apple store and cingular store on bay street in emeryville would give me a better chance than downtown store (fewer people I bet), but store doesn't open till 9 or something, and that would mean I don't get to GO to work at least till 10 or 11, and that would mean i am really late for work

going to store in SF downtown is closer to work, but i expect more people going to the downtown store.... or would there be fewer because maybe most people in downtown would actually work? that emeryville is close to berkeley that many student would go?

I can't decide which store to go to..... STRATEGICALLY :>

any thoughts?

cpl55

May 25, 2007
Launch day...

I can't help but wonder... do you think it will be long lines everywhere as with the PS3? I tend to think that the fact people can't easily buy these to resell (due to the contract requirement) and the fact that many people are locked into a contract already, maybe things will be a little more sane... not that everyone doesn't WANT one, just that it may not be feasible for all to sign a 2-year-contract right now!

archer6

Bronze
May 15, 2007
I can't help but wonder... do you think it will be long lines everywhere as with the PS3? I tend to think that the fact people can't easily buy these to resell (due to the contract requirement) and the fact that many people are locked into a contract already, maybe things will be a little more sane... not that everyone doesn't WANT one, just that it may not be feasible for all to sign a 2-year-contract right now!
It's all pure guesswork at this point, as we all know. And to a certain degree that's half the fun....:)

cpl55

May 25, 2007
Anticipation...

That's so true... it will be great when we all have our iPhones, but I think I'll miss the speculation/fantasy of this stage just a bit! :)