Which to get iPad mini 32gb or 64gb?

Discussion in 'iPad mini' started by mrbunglez, Oct 23, 2012.

1. mrbunglez

mrbunglez Zealot
    Bronze

I'm really debating on the two I know I'm definitely getting the wifi/LTE one but I dunno if I should just pony up the extra $100 for the 64gb or save that $100 for a case.

2. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

I would not need 64 Gb on the iPad

3. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Same here.

4. mrbunglez

mrbunglez Zealot
    Bronze

I'm prob going to go that route as well 32gb and save the $100 for a case. Already have a Kensington WiDrive 32gb anyways.

5. kimo

kimo Member
    Bronze

It was a tough decision for me but the 32 gig wifi only iPad 4.

6. Mommy

Mommy Zealot
    Gold

I think I'm going with ipad4 32gb. I have the 2 in 16gb and I don't have room for my twilight movies :(

7. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Nor should you have room for Twilight movies. :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  8. theorioles33

theorioles33 Evangelist
    Silver

I don't know. I always go for the largest. It must be the Italian in me. Always better to have too much than not enough. At least that philosophy works with food. LOL!

9. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I'm going for the 16GB iPad mini. Going to keep it lean and mean. Think I'll opt for the white. Liked the way the iPod touch 5th generation looked in white and suspect it'll look similar.

Selling off my iPad 2 + 3G for 4th generation. Depending on where it lands, I'll probably opt for 32GB.

I haven't used wireless once on my iPad 2. Plus, lack of availability on launch day is a big negative for me.

Guessing if I were to get a wireless model, it would be the mini for portability. Then I thought, we'll I've got my iPhone 5 and MacBook Air. I don't see myself using 4G enough to make it worth my while.

10. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Thread pre-fix added.

11. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

16 GB mini here, probably white. I found that I had a lot of unused space on my 32 GB iPad 3.

12. patrickj

patrickj Genius
    Gold

I'll keep my bigger iPad at 64GB, right now I have the iPad 3 but will likely sell it in next few weeks and switch to ipad 4 also at 64GB. I'll also grab a 32GB iPad Mini and keep it with a slightly trimmer set of apps on it than its bigger sibling.

13. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

Who is getting LTE and why ?
    I am thinking I should but I can tether if I take LTE it cost more to begin with and it cost $10 a month

14. patrickj

patrickj Genius
    Gold

On the iPad it doesn't cost anything per month if you don't activate a plan, and of course you can turn the plans on and off each month too.

I'll get LTE capable on both iPad Mini and the iPad 4, with a plan constantly on for the Mini at the outset and turned on as and when for the bigger guy I think.

15. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

How doe it cost anything?
    If you add to the plan looks like $10 extra per month on AT&T
    while tether is free
    That is kinda stupid because I use out of the same data pool ?

16. Mommy

Mommy Zealot
    Gold

Haha

17. mrbunglez

mrbunglez Zealot
    Bronze

So yes I've decided to ultimately get a black 32gb iPad mini with LTE and a white 16gb wifi only for the wife. I had 2 64gb iPad 2s, one of which is being sold to purchase these minis. Decided to get the 32gb and 16gb due to using streaming for everything like music and pictures and having an external 32gb Kensington WiDrive for everything else like movies. Never got my iPad to use up the whole 64gb. My wife also wants that thin new iMac, but can't justify buying it right now since we purchased an iMac 21.5 last year maybe next yr. :)

I'll be up at 2:50 am sharp Friday morning to order these badboys before they sell out. Not going to procrastinate this time like I did with the iP5 which I just got delivered to me yesterday. I sure hope there's no refresh of iPad minis with retina display in 6 months like what happened with the new iPad and iPad 4, otherwise I'll break something.

18. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

64GB and 32GB. What's on your iPad Patrick? :D

19. CASEACE79

CASEACE79 Contributor
    Bronze

I guess it's really a personal choice. iPads are used in so many different ways. Ask yourself these questions. Do I have a lot of music or will I be putting a lot of music on it? How much content do I stream? Do I use apps like spotify, pandora, Netflix more than buying content on iTunes and storing it on my device. Do I have pages and pages of apps or do I typically stick to just a handful of apps?

If you are a huge music lover like myself ya may want to look into Spotify. You can make playlists with over 2 million tracks. They have new albums usually a couple weeks after their initial release and has reduced my playlist to almost nothing allowing me to not need the 64gig model. Only downside is that they don't have heavily copywrited artist like the Beatles. It costs 9.99 a month for mobile but that's less than an album a month on iTunes. If ya wanted to check it out the desktop version is free w/ ads.

Best advice I have if you already have an iDevice is do a quick clean up of the apps you haven't used in a long while and delete them. Do the same with your music library also. Then see how much available storage you have left. It'll probably be pretty obvious which you should get at that point.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  20. mrbunglez

mrbunglez Zealot
    Bronze

For my music I use a streaming service called audiogalaxy it lets me stream my iTunes music from my iMac to all my devices through wifi or 3G/LTE.