Which Video Should be shown to a nonbeliever?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
My mom dosn't understand it when I tell her but the iPhone is amazing. What video should I show her so that she can see the Sight that is iPhone?

Which of the comercials do you think is most impressive?
I know about the 20 min one but I don't think she will sit through that.

RchGrav

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
My mom dosn't understand it when I tell her but the iPhone is amazing. What video should I show her so that she can see the Sight that is iPhone?

Show her the David Pogue review video, my mom got a kick out of that one.

kdarling

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
NJ, NC, CO
Which ad to show? They're all misleading.

Surprised - Viewing You Tube is not a good reason to get a phone. Besides, other phones have it too.

Calamari - Makes it look as if it had GPS.

Watered Down - The real NY Times pages takes over a minute to load without WiFi.

Best iPod - Don't you already have a video iPod? This one has bigger screen but far less storage.... and unlike other phones, you can't swap storage cards.

How To - Pretty much the best ad, it has everything above.

None of them show how much it is NOT geared to be a phone, with all the touches needed to dial someone. No speed dial.

And, of course, if you live where gloves are sometimes needed, you'll have to use your tongue or nose tip to answer the phone. You'll just look silly doing it.

Still, I think what would be most impressive to your Mom, is you obeying and respecting her, working and saving your money, and then you don't have to do any convincing ... :)

the PHDs

Bronze
May 21, 2007
easy... show her the guided tour...
this shows her eerything and how amazing the iPhone really is...
this worked on my dad!

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
Which ad to show? They're all misleading.

Surprised - Viewing You Tube is not a good reason to get a phone. Besides, other phones have it too.

Calamari - Makes it look as if it had GPS.

Watered Down - The real NY Times pages takes over a minute to load without WiFi.

Best iPod - Don't you already have a video iPod? This one has bigger screen but far less storage.... and unlike other phones, you can't swap storage cards.

How To - Pretty much the best ad, it has everything above.

None of them show how much it is NOT geared to be a phone, with all the touches needed to dial someone. No speed dial.

And, of course, if you live where gloves are sometimes needed, you'll have to use your tongue or nose tip to answer the phone. You'll just look silly doing it.

Still, I think what would be most impressive to your Mom, is you obeying and respecting her, working and saving your money, and then you don't have to do any convincing ... :)

I agree, the Apple commercials can be misleading for an uneducated consumer, YouTube i believe, will be a huge disappointment initially until more content is converted to the new codec. Right now, a very small percentage of the total library uses the new codec which will be a problem for many. As with the speed of youtube over EDGE....I am unsure as I have not tested this. The new compression might help with this but i am skeptical.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ

WOAH WOAH WOAH buddy don't get it twisted im buying this myself. I was just trying to SHOW her why I want it so bad.

Saiko

Bronze
Jun 3, 2007
Haha a few months ago I was kinda bored and sittin at home with my dad who had the day off work. He was checking his email or something, and I asked him if he wanted to see something really cool online.

He said sure... So I showed him the keynote address from Macworld this year. Keep in mind that he still types with his 2 fingers on a normal keyboard at about 10 wpm and is pretty oblivious to technology as a whole. Not a problem - I still love him :cool: . Anyway, I didn't expect him to sit more than 5 minutes into the iPhone introduction part but he ended up watching the WHOLE THING. First thing he said when it was over was... "You better be getting one of these on day one, I wanna play with it." It was semi sarcastic but true at the same time. Every day when he gets home from work he asks me "Anymore news regarding the iPhone?" I got a pretty awesome dad.

thinkart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
Mid-MO
easy... show her the guided tour...
this shows her eerything and how amazing the iPhone really is...
this worked on my dad!
that one will only work if your mom has more patience than a 2yr old. i tried showing that tour to a couple friends and they left the room after a min or two :sick:

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
Show her the David Pogue review video, my mom got a kick out of that one.
naugh i don't think so...not if you tryn to convince your mom to buy it for you...no!...i personally didn't like myself...the one that stood out to me is the iPhone Complete High Quality on google http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6634817287115134475 ...or just simply go to Apple.com ...you wanna stick to the videos that show the basic FACTS about the iPhone, not someone's opinion...

iJohn

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Long Island, NY
johnburke.tumblr.com

Wow I had the same problem. I didn't think she would sit through it.

She put some newspaper clipping in my room of some guy bashing the phone, so I showed her the activation one. and just to my luck as i finished my little talk, an iPhone commercial came on.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
You think you have it bad? She thinks she knows more than me about the iPhone. First she says you can only buy it from ATT in NY in 2 weeks. don't ASK ME WHERE SHE "LEARNED" THIS. She said radio. THEN she says I can't afford the plan because it will be 99$ a month. AND I will need to change my phone # LOL.