Which Wireless Router?

MNJON

Bronze
Nov 21, 2007
Minnesota
Can we get a bunch of users to say which wireless router they feel is best FOR WINDOWS VISTA, and why?

I got a new Linksys Wireless G router and it just is giving me fits! I got with their tech support and it worked for a day, then back to the same old problem. It slows down my home internet to turtle speed and keeps popping up a box saying it is not connected. It also makes Norton say I have had a recent attack averted... by my own computer?

I wanna return it and get something else, IF it will be better and work!

Thanks!

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
I am using linksys and have not problems works great.. check the settings... also uninstall the programs from the computer you are using it with and install linksys again that worked for me a few months ago

jpmihalk

Bronze
May 16, 2007
USA
I have a new Linksys Wireless N router (previously had a Linksys Wireless G router) and found that both routers seem to fare much better using WPA security. Before turning on WPA, I had some of the same issues as you with my Vista Ultimate laptop, but the enabling of WPA seemed to help greatly.

MNJON

Bronze
Nov 21, 2007
Minnesota
I have a new Linksys Wireless N router (previously had a Linksys Wireless G router) and found that both routers seem to fare much better using WPA security. Before turning on WPA, I had some of the same issues as you with my Vista Ultimate laptop, but the enabling of WPA seemed to help greatly.
I can't even get it to work with WPA, only with WEP. The lady who did tech support was so hard to understand.. her engrish was really bad!

I'm getting ready to toss it and try a differant brand... maybe I would have the same problems though.

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
I've been told that the Linksys work better with Macs. Since I've been having problems with my Netgear working (the Macs see each other but do not get internet connection) I was looking to change. I know little about routers --- does it matter a great deal if I get a cheap one or the G, N or what letter or speed. Some say it doesn't matter. Color me confused. Thanks.

MNJON

Bronze
Nov 21, 2007
Minnesota
I've been told that the Linksys work better with Macs. Since I've been having problems with my Netgear working (the Macs see each other but do not get internet connection) I was looking to change. I know little about routers --- does it matter a great deal if I get a cheap one or the G, N or what letter or speed. Some say it doesn't matter. Color me confused. Thanks.
I think iPhone works on G... but the N's will also work G....