• I don't care I'm happy with my first generation iPhone

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RyanFavre

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Milwaukee
Pretty much what has happened is the iPhone is now available for a smaller down payment and you pay extra in interest.

Which would you rather have? The iPhone for $399 and $499 with a $20 data plan or the new model of $199 and $299 with a $30 data plan.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
i chose the 299/399... that is just me.. im already paying to much as it is...

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Since I don't really care about how much the data plans and things cost, I picked the more expensive phone so that the iPhone would be a little bit more exclusive and not so cheaply priced, that most people can afford.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
I'd choose either the 1st or 2nd choose, cause I'm a teen and cant afford a really expensive plan- Well I technically I can, but I choose not to spend all my paycheck on a phone bill! Cause I'm also saving up for a MacBook :)

I might go for the v1 iPhone cause the 3G is just "cheap" stupid plastic, not many upgrades, and just cheap or did I already say that lol! But also I can get an unlocked version and go to T-mobile, cause there you get more for your money $5 dollars for unlimited data and like 5-10 dollars for unlimited text so my bill with voice could be like 45-60 dollars! The same plan on At&t- With iPhone 3G- would be $100+!

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Since I don't really care about how much the data plans and things cost, I picked the more expensive phone so that the iPhone would be a little bit more exclusive and not so cheaply priced, that most people can afford.
You mean cant afford:p Im also like you whereas I don't wanna see the iPhone fall to the depths of the razr or iPod nano(1G) where they were so cheap that any and everyone had one:mad:

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
You mean cant afford:p Im also like you whereas I don't wanna see the iPhone fall to the depths of the razr or iPod nano(1G) where they were so cheap that any and everyone had one:mad:
Exactly! Especially with the $199 price, we can expect to see the iPhone a lot more than we already do now... :(

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Exactly! Especially with the $199 price, we can expect to see the iPhone a lot more than we already do now... :(
Man this is seriously gonna suck:mad: When I go back to school after summer break has ended everyone is gonna have an iPhone and think their cool, like a phone will make you cool and have friends lol!:p
-The only way to "counter-attack" this problem is if the plans are expensive and start at prices such as $80+, this is the reason I don't have an iPhone now, cause my mom has a blackberry pearl paying $90 dollars a month, and my dad has an HTC Touch paying $100 dollars a month, so when I showed them the iPhone they saw the original $600 dollar price tag with a plan starting at $60 dollars and THEY SAID I HAD TO GET A JOB!:(:p

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Man this is seriously gonna suck:mad: When I go back to school after summer break has ended everyone is gonna have an iPhone and think their cool, like a phone will make you cool and have friends lol!:p
-The only way to "counter-attack" this problem is if the plans are expensive and start at prices such as $80+, this is the reason I don't have an iPhone now, cause my mom has a blackberry pearl paying $90 dollars a month, and my dad has an HTC Touch paying $100 dollars a month, so when I showed them the iPhone they saw the original $600 dollar price tag with a plan starting at $60 dollars and THEY SAID I HAD TO GET A JOB!:(:p
Yeah, I hope the plans cost as much as BlackBerry Plans. I pay over $100 for mine. Just one line, over $100...that seems pretty crazy though...but oh well! Lol

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Man Bro you got money:cool: Im gonna be you typical minimum wage teenager working at McDonalds for the "summer":p
I don't have a landline though, so in the end it balances out. I use my cell as my main phone for everything.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
It depends. If you keep the phone for the full 2 years of the contract, that is $240 for the extra data plan. So if you got the $200 phone + $240 for the extra in data, comes out to $440.
Not a big difference.

Panache010

Silver
Aug 19, 2007
As shallow as we may sound sir, I agree wid you 100!