While on Safari said too many pages open

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

davidlw

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
While trying to open up a web site using Safari on my iPhone, it told me that I could not open up the site because I had too many pages open. How do I close the pages/sites to be allowed to open others?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
While in Safari, click on the bottom right hand edge of the screen on the little square that has a number in it. This should bring up the zoomed out view of each of the pages, viewable one at a time. All you have to do to close one is click on the red X in the upper left hand corner of the page.

whale_hunter

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
While trying to open up a web site using Safari on my iPhone, it told me that I could not open up the site because I had too many pages open. How do I close the pages/sites to be allowed to open others?
There is a little box on the bottom right of the screen. It's just below the web page you are reading on the iPhone.
Click that box and it will show you the other pages you have open. Just click on the x and it will close that page.
Then you can open a new one.

Hope that helps.

coasts

Zealot
Gold
Jul 15, 2007
New York, NY
www.lomohomes.com
while in safari, click on the bottom right hand icon that resembles stacked papers. you likely have 8 pages open. you can flip through them like you do photos and click the X on the top left (?) to close pages you don't want to keep open.
play around with this as it's actually quite helpful at times. for example, you can keep "Duckhunt" open on one page, seeqpod open on another and open a new page for general web browsing...doing so enables you to revert back to something quickly rather than reloading pages.

davidlw

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
Thanks for that quick reply and the answer to my question Binks.

While in Safari, click on the bottom right hand edge of the screen on the little square that has a number in it. This should bring up the zoomed out view of each of the pages, viewable one at a time. All you have to do to close one is click on the red X in the upper left hand corner of the page.