While things are changing, are you taking requests? Bigger buttons/pagenav?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
I like to avoid zooming in when possible, as it isn't always convenient to do so. (i.e. Holding a drink in one hand, iPhoning on the other)

Would it be too much to ask if we could get bigger buttons for replying, new thread, and page navigation? At least previous and next page links (replacing or enlarging < and >)

Thanks for the great site :) just pitching in an idea or two to make it even better.

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
that would work good on the iPhone and be annoying on a computer... thats why it would be good on an iPhone version of the page....

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
I like to avoid zooming in when possible, as it isn't always convenient to do so. (i.e. Holding a drink in one hand, iPhoning on the other)

Would it be too much to ask if we could get bigger buttons for replying, new thread, and page navigation? At least previous and next page links (replacing or enlarging < and >)

Thanks for the great site :) just pitching in an idea or two to make it even better.
You sure you'e not using your elbows? I can post fine the way it is. :p

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
The Quick Reply, which i now use for almost all my posts, solved the small "Post Reply" button for me.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
I can post to an existing thread just fine, it's the getting around to find a thread I want to post to that's the issue. Zooming in just to be able to hit the page nav, or to start a new thread, it's a few more seconds time consuming than it needs to be, that's all. (and like I said earlier, not quite so easy when one hand is busy doing something else important like holding the beer.)

Ok, so maybe my fingers are big. I dunno. But just making things maybe a few points bigger in the page nav or new thread button is all it needs. I don't have a board handy with which I can try this approach though, to find out exactly what it'd take to be easy enough to hit the links without zooming in.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i agree, the Quick Reply is an awesome improvement.

regarding "zooming in" being inconvenient... you do know you can double-tap any field to auto-zoom, right? Easy enough to do with your iPhone in one hand and a beverage in the other...

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
Yup, but take a look at any thread with 2 or more pages, that page nav field isn't easy to hit even with a free hand. Gotta be rock steady and nearly pinpoint precise to double tap within the millimeter tall space when at minimum zoom.