white checker pattern on screen: anyone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jul 13, 2007
Hello all,

i don't know how many of you are reading the macrumors iPhone forums, but i wanted to see if anybody here has the following issue.

I do, and no matter how many iPhones i return, it's still there.

Basically, there is a white checker pattern on my screen, visible if you tilt it.

each white dot is about 2-3 pixels form the other, and they are laid out on the whole screen.

it seems that the problem is linked to a certain revision of the LCD display:7455232.

in order to check your display model, dial the following number from your iPhone:

*3001#12345#*

this will put the phone in diagnostic mode (or whatever it is called) and you'll be able to gather info on the LCD version.

please, go ahead and visit the macrumors forum for more info and pictures

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=328862

thanks in advance for your input!

Hecubus

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Yes, it's on mine, but only noticeable if you read threads like this and look very hard while titling your iPhone.

Unfortunately, sometimes I read forum threads like this. Fortunately, I don't tilt my iPhone when I use it so basically it's a non-issue unless your very, very anal.

GQmacguy

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
It's actually the multitouch screen grid. But you shouldn't be able to see it like that... Ask someone at the genius bar.

spazzman90

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Yes,

Most of the people around here with something to say about it replied on the link that is on the next page.

And yes, thank you for looking all of one page away before starting a new topic.

/sarcasm

-Jeff

tamakin

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
phoneorpda aka Mr. Troll... there's 2 other threads regarding this issue... stop shining light on this topic... you traded in your phone 6 times... and you put 1 of them in the refrigerator because it got too hot! the issue is not the phone, it's you!

GQmacguy

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Hey well you're welcome there guy! Glad there is only ONE page on this thread, and I didn't want to comment on the macrumors forum; if I wanted to post there I'd log in over there... But I prefer here for the time being.
and yes... I searched your other posts and threads and you do seem to either A) have really bad luck and get all the crappy phones, or B) you're a little iphone-condriac...
LOL

Yes,

Most of the people around here with something to say about it replied on the link that is on the next page.

And yes, thank you for looking all of one page away before starting a new topic.

/sarcasm

-Jeff

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
Hello all,

i don't know how many of you are reading the macrumors iPhone forums, but i wanted to see if anybody here has the following issue.

I do, and no matter how many iPhones i return, it's still there.

Basically, there is a white checker pattern on my screen, visible if you tilt it.

each white dot is about 2-3 pixels form the other, and they are laid out on the whole screen.

it seems that the problem is linked to a certain revision of the LCD display:7455232.
or
*3001#12345#*

You have got to be kidding me! If you stare at ANYTHING from an inch away at a crazy angle, you'll find imperfections...... Buy a plasma.

Jul 13, 2007
I am not a Troll.

i have been posting in here, on macrumors, howardforums and Apple discussions because me and other people have this issue.

you, on the other hand, have been only posting nonsense so far.
asking for proof, when all it would take if you really care about the issue is to READ the threads or go to the Apple store and see for yourself.

a quick look at your post history on each forum makes it clear that you are here just to bother people, not to have a constructive discussion.