White hurts me again..

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
(iPhone 4)
a few years ago i pre-order a white iPhone 4 from Best Buy and i do not get a white iPhone on pre-order day because Apple's product is not complete. back when i pre-ordered that phone thoough there had already been rumors that the white iPhone would not make it to launch day so Best Buy had a black iPhone waiting for me.

(iPhone 5)
i foolishly preorder another white iPhone 5 from my local Best Buy and get hosed again... Best Buy on launch day told me that they got no white iPhone 5's in. the weekend passes by and i call on monday and i call again only to find out they have only received the 16gig versions in white over the weekend...............

i'm tired of wanting a product that Apple promises on launch day only to get nothing on launch day! now i know i could have preordered from Apple and probably have received it by now or even on launch day BUT here's why i didn't:

Best Buy does not make you ship to billing address. my original plan was to pick up the phone on the way in to work.

i'm sorry that this is just becoming a rant but i mean who is really to blame here?

Best Buy for letting consumers believe that a product should come in on launch day?
Apple for not letting Best Buy know exactly how many units of each phone they will be receiving?
Me for wanting a new phone?

blech

how's everyone's new phone?...

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
Nobody knew exactly what they were getting. Preorder when the clock strikes 12 or wait in line to be sure you get what you want next time.

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
I am getting quite ticked, as I have not gotten my phone yet, and places still have a preorder list, or waiting list. They oversold.

I saw forget the waiting list or ore orders (besides for the first day)

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
Nobody knew exactly what they were getting. Preorder when the clock strikes 12 or wait in line to be sure you get what you want next time.
i guess you did not understand that Best Buy was my only option.
1. i have a job and cannot be at home to receieve the package
2. i was the first in line for my white iPhone 5 (32gig) at Best Buy
3. 1+2!

medenblik

Contributor
Silver
Mar 25, 2010
well just as bad as almost if not all AT&T stores only had 64Gig WHITE....no 64GIG BLACK IP5 on launch day....

NONE AT ALL...I was first in line at my AT&T Store...but i am digging the White

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I recommend ordering through Apple next year. I've done it that way with the 3GS, 4, 4S and 5 and I've never had any problems. Got the color I ordered on release day every year. They will deliver to work addresses.

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
I recommend ordering through Apple next year. I've done it that way with the 3GS, 4, 4S and 5 and I've never had any problems. Got the color I ordered on release day every year. They will deliver to work addresses.
after my experience i cant suggest that as a great alternative either :cool:

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
i guess you did not understand that Best Buy was my only option.
1. i have a job and cannot be at home to receieve the package
2. i was the first in line for my white iPhone 5 (32gig) at Best Buy
3. 1+2!
Even if you order from Apple or the carriers if you aren't home they can hold it at one of their facilities for you to pick up.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iCafe app

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
i did not know that Apple would deliver outside of your billing address.

there's always next iPhone... :rolleyes:

Jul 1, 2010
Having the same problem with BestBuy.
Preordered a 64gig Black, have been told none were delivered. They won't tell me what did come in.
Has anyone received a 64gig, White or Black from BestBuy?

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
got an email today saying that my phone is at Best Buy... i feel like the excitement is all gone :'(

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
this statement could only come from someone who already got what they wanted.
This may be true, but it's still the same phone. Can't you be excited about the new features a week later, or is it the excitement of sharing it with friends? Not trying to be a smartass, just curious.