White iPhone 3G Owners Help!

Dec 14, 2008
Toronto, ON
Hey guys,
My black iPhone 3G 8gig was stolen about 3 weeks ago. Unfortunately there is nothing Apple nor my service provider can do. So, Im so addicted to the damn phone I have to buy one more :D. So I am grabbing the iPhone 3G "S" on Friday. But lately the White iPhone has been growing on to me. Just a few questions, does it get dirty from your hands (black smudges on the white), which is your preference? (black or white)

Off Topic: Do you think the iPhone 3G "S" will be worth the $100 extra or should I buy another 3G for $100 less than the 3G S?

foort

Feb 14, 2009
It does not get dirty. Just looks fancy. Always buy the newest one, if only for the battery life.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
I have an invisible shield on the back, and that gets discolored badly from dirt, my jeans, etc. I've replaced it several times (there's a store out here that does installs). If it was completely naked, I'm not sure how it would have held up...

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
I had a white one but unfortunately the speaker phone stopped working and had it replaced with a black one which I like much more.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I have a white one that I keep in a white slider case. I have never had a problem with it looking dirty out of the case, but prefer it stay in the case in case I drop it.

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
I'm always off and on with putting a case on my iPhone 3G. I didn't have a case on it (for the most part) up until I had it replaced last week. It never got dirty, just scratched. If your an auto mechanic and plan on texting while changing the oil in a car, I can't say it wouldn't get dirty...

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
My wife and i have white 16gb 3g's a friend of mine has a black 16gb and his always looks dirty even after he cleans it. Our white ones seem much easier to keep clean.

Next time your on the road look at the first white then black car you see. That black car could have just came out of a car wash and its gonna look dirtier that the white lol well almost

I really like the white one

reilly09

Bronze
Apr 14, 2009
West Virginia
I have a 16GB white 3G and I love it! When I first got the phone I just carried it as it was, but I work in a hospital so I purchased an Otterbox Defender series case to keep it in. I got the case in white, and the silicone part on the outside does get a little dirty, but I would rather my case get dirty or beat up then my phone. When I carried the phone by itself, I never noticed a problem with the white back getting dirty. I just noticed the screen would get a lot smudge marks, so I got an anti-glare screen guard. I love the sleekness my phone has with the white back. My roommate has the black 16GB and she loves hers too though.

Pimpboy51

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
Orlando, Florida
I much rather get a white one. But note, if the phone cracks, you will easily see them. The black version is harder to see the cracks but it's your choice.

Trajik

Jun 17, 2009
I had a Black 16 GB 3G later on ı swapped it for a white 16GB for a change, Minor scratches on the Black ver. are more visible than on the white.

And no because its white it doesn't get dirty , Although i would recommend a case either way Black or White.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
To be clear, you wanted posters who owned white 3g phones, not white people who owned 3g phones, right? :D

Bitewound

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
Biteyland NYC
I much rather get a white one. But note, if the phone cracks, you will easily see them. The black version is harder to see the cracks but it's your choice.
Apple will replace a phone with cracks. They replaced 2 for me in the past year and it was easy to see them because my phone is white.

oriolesfan23

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Virginia
I wanted a black one, but decided to get a white when I saw how sexy it looked in the store. I'm glad I made that decision. It looks awesome, and I've had it for almost a year now. It does not show dirt. And it shows less fingerprints than the black iPhone does. GET WHITE!

jf7fsu

Mar 25, 2009
White with bogyguardz on mine. It looks great. I initially bought a 3G refurb and only white was available. I would have preferred black but am ok with the white. Besides if you put a black case on it you cant tell its white anyhow.