White iPhone 3GS cracking issues?

onetwo

Jun 25, 2009
hi guys,
I am thinking about purchasing a white 3G S and I was wondering if any of you are experiencing the cracking issues found in the white 3G iPhones.

I haven't heard anyone mention it yet, but I'd like to get some feedback from people who have actually used the white 3G S for a few days now.

thanks!

ronak223

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
I've had mine for two days and no issues yet. I think you'll be fine as long as you don't abuse your phone much.

onetwo

Jun 25, 2009
i'm usually pretty careful with my phones, so I am not worried about dropping it, but i read that a lot of 3G owners with white iPhones had cracks in the case right out of the box! This is what worries me, I'm hoping Apple fixed their injection molding process or used a more durable material this time.

luvit!

Bronze
Jul 16, 2008
I'm very careful with my phones (in case at all times)that being said, my white 16g 3g did develope a small crack near the silencer switch. I never dropped or banged my phone. I was not happy to see the crack, but it is a fact that they were having problems with cracking on some of the phones. On the white phones I believe the crack is easier to see. I've wondered if Apple would replace it if I sent it in, but didn't want to do it till I got my new 3gs.
Noticed the crack about 6 months into owning it!

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
I don't have any cracks and I keep it in a case all the time which might help. I ended up dropping it yesterday and took it out of the case to find that there wasn't a single crack, scratch, or any damage at all.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I don't have any cracks and I keep it in a case all the time which might help. I ended up dropping it yesterday and took it out of the case to find that there wasn't a single crack, scratch, or any damage at all.
I kept mine in a case as well and never dropped it, but the stress cracks developed just the same.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
Well my 3G was black and my 3GS is white and even if I do notice cracks I will just get it replaced at Apple. That is the second time I ever dropped an iPhone. Both times being in the same case but one time for my 3G and one time for my 3GS and both in the early life of the phone, so I hope that is the last time for my 3GS.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Well my 3G was black and my 3GS is white and even if I do notice cracks I will just get it replaced at Apple. That is the second time I ever dropped an iPhone. Both times being in the same case but one time for my 3G and one time for my 3GS and both in the early life of the phone, so I hope that is the last time for my 3GS.

Was your iPhone in the InCase Slider at the time you dropped it? That is the case that I have.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
Was your iPhone in the InCase Slider at the time you dropped it? That is the case that I have.
Yep the same InCase I had on my 3G I am using on my 3GS and even through the 2 drops it hasn't received any damage to itself. I had the 3G in my InCase since I bought it and it looks brand new.

Phxblue

Bronze
Apr 13, 2008
The Valley, AZ
Ive also got this thin Air Jacket or whatever its called that I bought from the Apple store. It keeps the thinness intact but offers no protection confidence.

Lupin

Jun 24, 2009
New York City
I have a white 3GS and have been using it without a case for the time being - no signs of cracks ::knock on wood::

bcaslis

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Oregon
I bought a white 3G the day they came out and a white 3GS the day it came out. Neither have any cracks.

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
I had two 3g's and my wife had 1 3g replaced because of that lil crack. With my last one i was having some other problems but the "genius" told me that it didn't matter what else was wrong with it , the crack was an automatic replacement.

seanwes

Zealot
Gold
Feb 13, 2008
San Antonio, TX
My White 3G developed a crack on the bottom 7 months after purchase. Brought it in, and they replaced it.

onetwo

Jun 25, 2009
so it looks like they have resolved the cracking issue with the new iPhone 3G S

excellent.

I will order a white 3G S today! thanks for all the input!

PDACPA

Silver
Jan 16, 2008
Florida
Check You-Tube for iPhone 3gs review. some girl reviewing her new 3gs noticed cracks around the speakers and stuff. I forget the name but she like basically spends half the review complainging about the cracks.

Joon

Bronze
Jul 14, 2007
Mine is perfect. No cracks and a perfect screen. My screen is also flush. Sorry for those who didn't get a good one, or what they consider perfect.