White iPhone discoloration

gokart

Bronze
Apr 30, 2011
I've had my white iPhone 4 since the day-after launch. At first, the white color was perfect throughout the whole phone. However, recently I've noticed the home button is now a brighter white than the rest of the front phone. I have an invisible shield on the front and back as well as a incase. The back white color matches the home button white.

Could this have something to do with sunlight and the invisible shield?

Attachments

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
Chances are the shield may be the thing that’s discolored since it touches your face more than the back. I have some clear vinyl covers on my MBP and the wrist rest part has gotten a brown tint since my arms touch it. Same with the trackpad and button. They’re both covered but are slightly stained from touching them so much.

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
Yeah chances are it is the invisible shield. My advice would be get rid of the invisible shield because they suck. I have a matté screen protector on the back of my iPhone 4 and nothing on the front. As the no protection for the front is fine with me for some people it is not. In my experience the protective shields from eBay for £2.99 are better than the invisibleshield.

Gom33

Bronze
Nov 9, 2007
Like everyone said, I think it's the invisishield. It will discolor after a while.

|3are

Silver
Jun 13, 2008
Texas
My InvisibleShield is on the back and not the front. The front of my phone still looks like it did out of the box, nothing like that picture you posted o.O

Now this has me worried about discoloration on the back of mine due to the IS. It will be a pain to have to get it replaced every couple of months because it gets dirty.

Syamil

Bronze
Jan 31, 2011
Singapore
Among the few reasons why I didn't switched to the white iPhone 4 when it was released. I still say that it clearly looks better than the black one.
You could maybe try the oleophobic screen protectors from SGP Stenheil?