Jun 17, 2007
Which one is worth getting and why?

Last edited by a moderator:

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
I picked black because as of now, im set on getting a black one, but im not going to make my final decision until I see both in person.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
I would go with the white version because its something "different" ya kno?
-But I think it would also depend on your personality :)
-What color is your Macbook?
-What color is your iPod?

SnkerHeAD

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Thats the thing my MacBook Pro is SLiver and my Quad G5 is Sliver i would say White only cause its a "Real" Apple Color

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Haha...it would match my Apple products, besides the iPhone. I have a white iMac, white iPod, and white MacBook lol. Maybe I should do something different like you said above...and get black! :D

Which is the one I likeeee a lotttt

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
First of all, Joe's reason, it will match my (soon to get) black MacBook and it's much more sexy than the white version.

- John

TomTomTuning

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Camp Hill, PA
Ive been debating if i'm going to get this or not.... But if i do, ill get black.

I wonder if i can sell my original iPhone..

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
Black for me....more phone than iPod

Aug 9, 2007
I was thinking I'd get the 16gb in Black, but seeing as how I just bought an iPod classic to use with my Kenwood Car Stereo (due to the inability to play video on the Kenwood screen from the iPhone), I just may save myself the $100 and get an 8 Gig.

gadgetguy

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
White for me although if you put a case around it it won`t matter unless they make a case with a "clear" back! I will get a case for extra protection & to make the iPhone less slippery while handling. Can`t afford to drop it!

May 6, 2007
United States
This is a genius plan by Apple. They make everything white for so long, get people obsessed with it, and then only offer it for a hundred-dollar premium.

Their plans are unraveling! :cool:

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
the black 16gb of course because thats what ive always wanted. and besides the white one just looks too feminine... eww.... :(

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I think the white would get too dirty too fast. Also, if the plastic surface is more prone to scuffs and scratches, I think the white would show them worse than the black.

ratstarwars

Bronze
Jun 8, 2008
I own v1. iPhone with gray/black aluminum(paint) backing. So majority of my back is gray except the last 1/4 which is black.
Ive been falling in and out of love with the whiteiPhone trying not to argue that it will pick up discoloration by dirt or other things not white. Trying not to argue that WHATEVER case you use for whiteiPhone when you take off the case you will have smudges that may or may not go away. Mostly Im worried that the whiteiPhone just wont clean off as easily as the black one. As far as exclusitvity goes Im not worried that if I have the BlackiPhone people will assume its the 8g or anything like that. Long story short. It will be the black iPhone for me. My#1 reason I will go for blackiPhone is that I am not hung up on the old white colored Apple products. I didn't get an ipod till they came in black. I have no other Apple products exept iPhone(gray/black)...ipod(black) and video ipod also black.
3g is most important to me because there is a weak wifi at my residence so Im tre excited about 3g. Make it Black baby.
Rats

gadgetguy

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
I own v1. iPhone with gray/black aluminum(paint) backing. So majority of my back is gray except the last 1/4 which is black.
Ive been falling in and out of love with the whiteiPhone trying not to argue that it will pick up discoloration by dirt or other things not white. Trying not to argue that WHATEVER case you use for whiteiPhone when you take off the case you will have smudges that may or may not go away. Mostly Im worried that the whiteiPhone just wont clean off as easily as the black one. As far as exclusitvity goes Im not worried that if I have the BlackiPhone people will assume its the 8g or anything like that. Long story short. It will be the black iPhone for me. My#1 reason I will go for blackiPhone is that I am not hung up on the old white colored Apple products. I didn't get an ipod till they came in black. I have no other Apple products exept iPhone(gray/black)...ipod(black) and video ipod also black.
3g is most important to me because there is a weak wifi at my residence so Im tre excited about 3g. Make it Black baby.
Rats
White shows the least amount of dirt. I have had cars, boats, motorcycles, & an airplane & white looks the clean after its dirty. besides, How cool is it if you have a white iPhone in your pocket & as you are walking by friends, & they say, is that a "white" iPhone in your pocket?

xSoNiCcRaCkErSx

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
The black Apple products always have HUGE smudging and scratching issues. Not that they both don't but the black ones are way more noticeable. As much as I want a black one, I am going to stay away from it this time. Besides, I already have a semi black iPhone hehe.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Im glad the back of it is 1 piece instead of 2 pieces. And is one color...I just like that more..also the black piece (antenna cover) would also click and sometimes come lose which really bugged me. Now its one piece so it shouldnt do that.