Whited00r: keeping a first generation iPhone up to date

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by psylichon, Feb 20, 2011.

1. psylichon

psylichon Genius

Is anyone else here using this tool to get "4.2"-era features on their 3.1.3 version 1 iPhones? Info can be found here:

http://www.whited00r.com

I did it yesterday and so far so good.
    [​IMG]

I had to use a program called iTunes Restore Error Bypasser (iREB) to get past the 1604 error I'd get trying to restore the custom firmware in iTunes.
    [​IMG]

It includes full unlock
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After that, I had some issues with some Cydia apps installing correctly, but have since sorted that out (try a couple hard reboots before trying anything drastic). It still shows up as 3.1.3, but has many advanced features (like tap to focus on the V1 camera, springboard wallpaper, folders) Multitasking seems hit-or-miss. I'm going to experiment a bit with backgrounder.

Overall, though, a fun way to breath some life into a V1 phone. Anyone else willing to take the plunge?

2. TarekElsakka

TarekElsakka Genius
    Gold

I would have but I sold my 2G. That looks pretty decent, though. That iPhone is really slow, however, so I am wondering how slow it is with those advanced features you're talking about running?

3. psylichon

psylichon Genius

So far it seems zippier than it did stock 3.1.3. [shrug]

4. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

It's probably because the firmware has been stripped of all the crap that's not needed. I'm going to SSH into my iPhone 4 soon and delete all the langauges etc.

5. TarekElsakka

TarekElsakka Genius
    Gold

I'd be glad to embark on that adventure with you. I'd like to strip my iPhone of all the unnecessary stuff on it as well to speed it up. The only langauges I use are English and Arabic.

6. psylichon

psylichon Genius

You guys turn off unnecessary spotlight search results, right? All I'm ever interested in is contacts, apps, and music.

7. TarekElsakka

TarekElsakka Genius
    Gold

Wait, no? I did not turn it off even though I never have and probably never will use it. How do I go about doing that? Can it be done in the settings or do I have to SSH?

By the way, I am asking instead of trying because I am downloading a large sized theme and can't access the settings at the moment.

8. psylichon

psylichon Genius

You do it from settings/general/spotlight search

9. TarekElsakka

TarekElsakka Genius
    Gold

Done. Thanks a lot.

I got all the infini packages, they are amazing. Also got the Elite HD theme. Great package!

10. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

noob :p .....

11. rudijah360

rudijah360 New Member

Hi do you have download zip for whited00r 5.1 link on megaupload is down.