whitehouse.gov

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
One significant addition to WhiteHouse.gov reflects a campaign promise from the President: we will publish all non-emergency legislation to the website for five days, and allow the public to review and comment before the President signs it.

That was from whitehouse.gov

I thought it was interesting, and noteworthy, that he took the reins right away. Making changes for the better already.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
It makes me think of a YouTube video review section. I wonder if the administration will actually consider any of the comments/reviews prior to signing the legislation or if it just to assuage our worries.

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
It makes me think of a YouTube video review section. I wonder if the administration will actually consider any of the comments/reviews prior to signing the legislation or if it just to assuage our worries.
I dunno. I would assume to leave comments you would have to be registered. I can't see comments on the Presidential Blog playing out like comments on YouTube videos, but you never can tell.:p I would hope they would be able to maintain a certain level of civility there!

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I dunno. I would assume to leave comments you would have to be registered. I can't see comments on the Presidential Blog playing out like comments on YouTube videos, but you never can tell.:p I would hope they would be able to maintain a certain level of civility there!
That's exactly what I'm thinking. Typically people that leave comments and such (on other similarly designed comment sections, ie. YouTube, news articles) never really have anything of importance to add. Maybe there could be an IQ test or comprehension test prior to posting. That would be cool.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I can see it now...

Cooperative Proliferaiton Detection FTW!1!1!

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
No retaliation against feds who disagree. Sure, I'll post my name.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
They monitor all traffic to govt sites anyway. They don't need your name.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
It would be better if there were a matching kitty.