Whites are off

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jul 8, 2010
Hey guys, I got my iPhone 7 Plus today. I was wondering if any of you have noticed the whites aren't as white on the 7 plus? It seems like the whites are more white on the 6s plus, or maybe the iPhone 6s Plus seems brighter and that's why the whites look whiter?

Do any of you have both to compare side by side? I'm wondering if it's the way the screen is or if it's due to the Tech Armor screen protector i installed.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Hey guys, I got my iPhone 7 Plus today. I was wondering if any of you have noticed the whites aren't as white on the 7 plus? It seems like the whites are more white on the 6s plus, or maybe the iPhone 6s Plus seems brighter and that's why the whites look whiter?

Do any of you have both to compare side by side? I'm wondering if it's the way the screen is or if it's due to the Tech Armor screen protector i installed.
You might be in luck; I just finished seeing an article that explains how to correct that.

First off, here’s the side-by-side view you requested, courtesy of osxdaily.com:

iphone-7-yellow-screen-comparison-example-610x606.jpg

And here is—supposedly—how to fix it. I can’t test it myself as I don’t have the 7, so let me know how it goes.

http://osxdaily.com/2016/09/16/yellow-screen-iphone-7-fix/

Mthoroughbred

Zealot
Silver
Dec 16, 2008

Tried this and seemed to work