Who did your favorite NFL team draft?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Travis Frederick. A center from Wisconsin.

This with the 31st pick, after trading down from 18 for an extra 3.

People are blasting Jerry for this one. Guy was projected for 70th overall.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
Travis Frederick. A center from Wisconsin.

This with the 31st pick, after trading down from 18 for an extra 3.

People are blasting Jerry for this one. Guy was projected for 70th overall.
Gotta love GM Jerry. While I appreciate the acquisition of extra picks, especially in a draft that holds a lot of value in the 2nd-3rd round and lacks a lot of true franchise 1st round players, he all too often drafts based on need and does not take the best player available. THAT is why this team is stuck in mediocrity. Too often when you draft for need that player is a bust and you just spent a premium pick reaching for a player that could have been had later and failing to stockpile talent for other positions. Jimmy has been gone 19 years now and Jerry still is lost without him when it comes to the draft/free agency. It only improved while Big Bill was here and that's why we saw the brief improvement of the team for a few years. Now that he is gone they are pretty much a rudderless ship again. I've been a die hard blue blood Cowboys fan my whole life but there is a team just down Interstate 45 that is getting my attention. Jerry better be careful with his ignoring the fan base. The calls for him to hire a GM have been here for years but they get louder and more passionate each year. His pride/ego leads him on a mission to prove everyone wrong and try to show people he can build a winner on his own only to fail miserably year after year. If he doesn't care about his fans and considers the Cowboys "his team" it might be time to jump off this ship. I'm sure there are a lot more people that share that same sentiment.

medenblik

Contributor
Silver
Mar 25, 2010
Bears go for Howie Longs son..... Hope he pans out for my Bears.

They should of gave Urlacher 2 year deal instead of releasing him.

Bears have 3 picks left 20th pick in 4th, 5th, and 6th rounds. I hope they get a WR and QB.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I'm certainly not a fan of the Eagles and I'm sure I'll despise their head coach in due time. That being said, you gotta love this quote from Chip Kelly.

"I don’t think using 'war room' is real appropriate. We’re picking players in the NFL Draft."