Who do you think will get flash first?

T3Logic

Bronze
Sep 4, 2007
Daytona Beach
I have seen the purists think there better than the modders and vicy versa. To me it is just like Bud and Bud light. Who cares it's your preference. But there is something that I think both sides want, FLASH. So I was just wanting to know who do you think will get it first?

1.0.2 or 1.1.1

Would you switch to the other side when someone gets it?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
1.0.2 for life! Well, hopefully not, but I suppose if we get flash and no one else does...mwahahha.

ahduke99

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Charleston aka Chucktown, SC
i just went back to 1.0.2 again today, and i'm happy about it. i finally got visual VM to work after my restore backup file loaded. it's nice to have mobileChat back. i do miss the double tap for a period though. its easy to go back and forth, and since my backup file works, it doesn't lose anything.

once the update includes flash and/or mms/ichat, i'll upgrade, but anything else and i'll sit on the fence with my hacked phone.

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
I am hoping the 1.02 folks will get it shortly after Adobe does a final release though you never know. I have no clue what it takes to do this and am sure that it will require modification to Safari, which also could make it more likely on the 1.1.1 version. Tough call, I don't care either way but I will say I will be where that is. Right now I have my phone modded slightly (ie summerboard) but have not ventured too much further as I don't understand how to use some of these other apps just yet.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
If/When mobile Flash is released for the iPhone, it's going to come through an Apple update, so TECHnically, it won't be available for 1.0.2 or 1.1.1
It will be part of whatever the next update is- guessing to be either 1.1.2 or 1.2.1 or something along those lines.

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Yeah, with Adobe's important ties to OS manufacturers, they wouldn't DARE release it into the "wild" before they give it to MS and APPLE to release as needed. Unless the right 3rd party developer just happens to get a pirate copy early enough and can figure out the code to make it work with the iPhone, it'll make it to us through an iTunes update first. I don't think the necessary code would be included in the SDK that will predate the embedded version.
The weird thing is, I can't figure out why Flash doesn't work in iPhone Safari in the first place. There doesn't seem to be a reasonable explanation - sort of like c/p and file management.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
It's something to do with how trimed down safari is, and quite possibly Apple didn't expect it to be necessary. I mean, technically, the flash install is not that big to begin with. So there must have been another reason that they didn't include it initially. My other guess would be that there might have been some licensing issues between Apple and Adobe. Pure speculation on my part, but I do remember reading something about some Apple exec that got an iPhone on iDay, and was asked about it....damn cannot remember what he said.

In any case, No flash update unless in an iPhone update.