Who does things on computer from habit on iPhone?

Dragoro

Bronze
Sep 9, 2007
Me, I keep double clicking on the top of the screen to shoot up to the beginning of the topic lol.

whale_hunter

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
I did honestly try to touch the screen on my buddies phone when i couldn't go to the option I wanted.

I HATE regular phones now, such a pain in the ass trying to get anywhere on them!

XanderLee

Nov 8, 2007
I find myself looking for the .com button...

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I have honestly tried double-clicking on avatars, fully expecting them to expand to fill the screen. How disappointing when they don't.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Not on the computer but I have tried and touched someone else cell phone screen forgetting I can't do that with theirs. I hate regular cell phones now too:p.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
I know that when I switch back to a PC from my Mac, I'm always trying to use the two fingers to scroll or use the two fingers plus button click for left click. I find myself getting frustrated all the time from it.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Me, I keep double clicking on the top of the screen to shoot up to the beginning of the topic lol.
I do that all of the time! That feature really needs to be added to desktop browsers. :cool:

I also find myself trying to zoom in on pictures by just tapping (clicking) them.

I have to say this is the first time a PDA/phone/smartphone ever caused me to try to replicate actions on a desktop PC. That really says something about the iPhone.

In other news I was shocked when I realized my PC could actually do copy and paste....:p

--
Mike

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
i occasionally try to drag web pages up or down with the mouse to get to a different section and wonder for a moment "why the hell isn't this working?" when all i end up doing is selecting a bunch of text on the page...

I still try to double hit the space key for a period on my computer. I get kind of frustrated because that means I have to backspace when it does not work.

It's definitely a habit I have carried to the iPhone from blackberry.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
My tablet PC has a touchscreen, so a lot of things I'm still able to do in the same way, but it takes a harder touch. It is a resistive screen. Great extensions for firefox include grab-and-drag, for the same scrolling experience, and geckoTIP for input panel compatibility. main thing I miss is the phone calling ;) and the anywhere Internet access.

wrhutch

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Pottsboro Texas
I catch myself trying to use the iPhone pinch feature on my touch screen Nuvi all of the time to zoom. So frustrating!