Who else has reservations?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

bmargolis

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
I have until Saturday to finish my evaluation period with the iPhone. I definitely have some concerns. I was wondering who else might share similar concerns.

The concerns:

1. The call quality is not as good as my Sprint phone.
2. Bluetooth calls from my BMW are particularly spotty.
3. Not having Exchange after a couple of years of using it is very difficult to adapt to.
4. Is it worth the cost (for me)? My Sprint account has 4 phones on it, so I get some pretty economies of scale. I estimate that the iPhone will cost me $60.00 more per month.
6. I already have a 60gb iPod.

The positives:

1. Battery life blows away my Moto Q.
2. OS and ease of use are fantastic.
3. The screen is fantastic.
4. HTML email is fantastic.
5. Web browsing is fantastic.

If it would sync with my Exchange server, it would be a slam dunk. Between worse call quality and spotty bluetooth though...I'm just not sure.

ADDED: I just read a thread on a BMW board that discussed the bluetooth call quality. A solution is to disable the Wi-Fi in the iPhone in the car and the problem's with call quality are solved. At least a temporary fix.

Bob

danielfillmore

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
I have until Saturday to finish my evaluation period with the iPhone. I definitely have some concerns. I was wondering who else might share similar concerns.

The concerns:

1. The call quality is not as good as my Sprint phone.
2. Bluetooth calls from my BMW are particularly spotty.
3. Not having Exchange after a couple of years of using it is very difficult to adapt to.
4. Is it worth the cost (for me)? My Sprint account has 4 phones on it, so I get some pretty economies of scale. I estimate that the iPhone will cost me $60.00 more per month.
6. I already have a 60gb iPod.

The positives:

1. Battery life blows away my Moto Q.
2. OS and ease of use are fantastic.
3. The screen is fantastic.
4. HTML email is fantastic.
5. Web browsing is fantastic.

If it would sync with my Exchange server, it would be a slam dunk. Between worse call quality and spotty bluetooth though...I'm just not sure.

Bob
evaluation period? do you mean the 14 days before you can return it?

runner7395

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
I know what you mean. I have 5 lines with Sprint. The call quality with Sprint is much better than At&t, for me at least. I was using it on the road today and lost signal and had to use my work phone (nextel) to finish the call.

But, I really love everything else about this phone, except the phone part that is. Love the screen, web, email, weather, ipod, wifi.

Only a few more days to decide.