Who Has Dropped Their Brand Spanking New iPhone?

Lstrike

Jun 17, 2010
Cleaning my pool yesterday I overreached and slipped into the pool. Imagine the horror when I reached into my pocket and pulled out a soggy device. My phone was of course black screened never came back on. I opened it and dried it completely. Nothing...walked in to Apple today and told them what happened. They swapped my iPhone out! Woohooo I had my credit card in hand ready to burn 329. Didn't spend a penny. Apple may not always get it 100% right but overall their customer service is pretty incredible.

Last edited:

efuseakay

Contributor
Silver
Nov 11, 2008
Bet that's the last time you take your phone out with you when you clean the pool. lol

Lstrike

Jun 17, 2010
Bet that's the last time you take your phone out with you when you clean the pool. lol
Totally! I'm still borderline in shock. I previously had a Sony Xperia z2 so I was used to just popping in and out of the pool and not thinking twice about it. Have to make an adjustment.

While I was there I saw a dude next to me with a smashed screen gold iPhone 6.

tybirdtybird

Contributor
Bronze
May 6, 2010
Westfield, In
So far so good no drop or crack screen. I have it in case . I don't care for the case but it was only one with belt clip best buy had.

Love my iPhone 6 plus

Have you had your arteries check please do so. You don't want open heart surgery.

tybirdtybird

Contributor
Bronze
May 6, 2010
Westfield, In
Hey Lstrike. I have this. It fits the phone even with the Spigen Slim Armor. More bulky cases probably wouldn't fit, but at least you can still carry when cleaning your pool.

DandyCase Waterproof Case for Samsung Galaxy S5, Samsung Note 3 / 2... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IPWL1XU/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_ohnkub13KBFE2

Walmart sell them also waterproof boxes. Seen them another day.

Love my iPhone 6 plus

Have you had your arteries check please do so. You don't want open heart surgery.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
So far so good no drop or crack screen. I have it in case . I don't care for the case but it was only one with belt clip best buy had.

Love my iPhone 6 plus

My Plus often felt as if it was ready for a drop. I just took it out of the Spigen Slim Armor and put it in this and it feels a whole lot more secure..

71WgybrqH7L._SL1500_.jpg

efuseakay

Contributor
Silver
Nov 11, 2008
My Plus often felt as if it was ready for a drop. I just took it out of the Spigen Slim Armor and put it in this and it feels a whole lot more secure..

View attachment 38792
Yeah the more I'm using this Spigen case, the more I realize how slippery it is. I'll see how that Aero Armor case is from HandHeldItems via Amazon is. I may custom fit some skateboard tape on the Spigen. :)

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Yeah the more I'm using this Spigen case, the more I realize how slippery it is. I'll see how that Aero Armor case is from HandHeldItems via Amazon is. I may custom fit some skateboard tape on the Spigen. :)
Yeah. The Spigen Slim Armor was pretty slippery, I thought.

ednygma

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 9, 2009
Louisville, KY

View attachment 38792
Did you put the Zagg Glass on it or are you now not going to put that on it since this case comes with a built in screen protector?

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
I dropped it on my bathroom floor. I almost had a heart attack. I have a super thin case on it and it did it's job (no scratches or dents).

ednygma

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 9, 2009
Louisville, KY
I have the Zagg Glass but will probably wait until tomorrow to put it on the Plus.
So you anticipate using the Zagg glass and the case with the built in screen protector?

Please give your opinion on the glass after you install it. My plus is due to arrive Thursday and I have the Zagg HD but went back and forth between it and the glass. I have always used the HD protectors and never had a glass issue but the clarity of the glass intrigues me. The only downside, imo, is that it does not offer as much 'crash' protection as the HD in the way the HD absorbs and distributes the shock.

Still shopping cases. I have the apple leather case like Mindi has but not sure that will work for me long term.

Njshoremom4gurlz

Contributor
Silver
Sep 13, 2011
Not yet lol I have a case mate on it courtesy of my ATT store will always go there love them giving us free cases w phones!