Who has dropped their iPhone 3G already?

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
lmao im surprised i haven't dropped mine yet. i haven't been treating it any different latley its just like i still have my v1 iPhone. but i dropped that a lot. thank god for cases!

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Not yet lol. Ive been treating it like a baby to avoid dents and scratches.
I ordered the invisibleshield from zagg and until it arrives, I still have that original wrapping plastic on the front and back of the iPhone to protect it from scratches...except I gave the front part cutouts for the home button and earpiece. Call me crazy :rolleyes:

adambodkins

Bronze
Jul 15, 2008
my wife dropped hers getting out of the car she say's it fell out of her pocket but I know she wasn't paying attention. She knicked the back a little. So being the nice guy I am I went to Att and picked up a silicon case for two reasons : 1. Keep her from hurting the iPhone as much as it can be helped. 2. to distinguish hers from mine. I got the black 16 gig and she got the 8 also in black. Now she has a bright neon pink one. While mine has been in a black very very tight snug black leather case and holster since day one.

aahitman

Bronze
Sep 8, 2007
Denton, TX
I dropped my V1 several times but it kept right on working. Not even very much cosmetic damage. I'm trying real hard not to drop the new one. Don't know how the plastic will hold up.

ejmonkey3

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
im surprised i haven't dropped mine and im not treating it different then v1. i think if i can make it until i get a case ill be alright though. i do know that i have a slight small barely visible on the silver Apple logo now.

sonicwind

Bronze
May 12, 2008
I'm like the world's worst with stuff like that. I think I dropped my 2G version twice in the 2 months I used it. I have one of those super skins on my 3G, so hopefully even if (when) I do drop it, it won't be too bad. I left my MacBook out in the ran over the 4th.

nobopyon

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
I'm like the world's worst with stuff like that. I think I dropped my 2G version twice in the 2 months I used it. I have one of those super skins on my 3G, so hopefully even if (when) I do drop it, it won't be too bad. I left my MacBook out in the ran over the 4th.
what super skins? I'm curious to know!

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
I was on a couch at a friends house, and fell asleep with it on my stomach. When I woke up it was on the floor haha.

mattolson

Bronze
Aug 23, 2007
hmmm

I've dropped mine about 10 times or so now. Including twice at work today and once while golfing. Its just a phone, can always get another one if it breaks ahaha

sonicwind

Bronze
May 12, 2008
I was on a couch at a friends house, and fell asleep with it on my stomach. When I woke up it was on the floor haha.
I thought you were going to say you had a dream you ate a vibrating croissant, and when you woke up, your iPhone was gone.

reas0n

Silver
Jul 1, 2007
Stamford, CT
www.ohitsjustpete.com
i dropped mine today well i didn't technically drop it...i carelessly left it on a ledge at my job and my co-worker knocked it off it only fell about 5 feet...it was my fault but i have the anti-glare screen protector with an incase silicone case so no harm was done...if i didn't buy this stuff on iDay2.0 i would have cried like a baby:eek:

May 6, 2007
United States
I dropped my V1 several times but it kept right on working. Not even very much cosmetic damage. I'm trying real hard not to drop the new one. Don't know how the plastic will hold up.
I have a similar situation. I have dropped my V1 multiple times on surfaces from wood to concrete, and it still works perfectly. I have no scratches on the screen, and only a few scratches on the bezel and back. Good quality :).

adambodkins

Bronze
Jul 15, 2008
OK here are pics of the cases the black on is on mine while the white/clear is on my wifes.

The only thing bad about my case is that the day that 3g debuted the case was 35.00 i went in the store yesterday it is now 17.99

Last edited by a moderator:

adambodkins

Bronze
Jul 15, 2008
wow those pics are huge I am not sure how to resize them sorry