Who has iPhone damage?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Aug 14, 2007
I'll go first- i dropped it. Great design, so clean, so pure, so Apple.
So...easy to drop! Wasn't too worried as it skidded off the cement- I watched a video of a torture test w/ the phone and was stunned at it's duribility. In the end they killed that phone, underwater!
Anyway, mine now has a small dent on the right side about the size of a pencil eraser, and a new scratch. No huge deal. It also has a rubber case to help it out when I don't.

I'm really interested in any cases of screen scratching (wondering if I \'m going to need a screen protector).
Anyone else? Horror stories?

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
It also has a rubber case to help it out when I don't.
Funny you say that. Mine has scratches because of the Incase rubber protector I put on originally. Now, I don't care too much about the scratches on the chrome part and actually bought another Incase after returning the first one. Granted, the first one was grey and I finally found the black one that I wanted many weeks later, but I just like it for the impact protection.

MomPOM

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
NW Burbs of Chicago
Mine has some tiny scratches on the chrome trim which don't bug me but I noticed yesterday that I have two tiny little scratches on the screen. I've cleaned it like mad hoping that it was dirt or something but it's not. I'm sooo freaking bummed. It's not like I put that thing in with a bag of rocks. After seeing the demos of things people do to the screens I was surprised that it happened sitting in my purse. And 99% of the time it's in a dedicated pocket in the front so I'm not sure how it even happened.

nickmbb

Aug 23, 2007
Mine has some tiny scratches on the chrome trim which don't bug me but I noticed yesterday that I have two tiny little scratches on the screen. I've cleaned it like mad hoping that it was dirt or something but it's not. I'm sooo freaking bummed. It's not like I put that thing in with a bag of rocks. After seeing the demos of things people do to the screens I was surprised that it happened sitting in my purse. And 99% of the time it's in a dedicated pocket in the front so I'm not sure how it even happened.
Try using a dab of soapy warm water on a tissue - I thought I had a scratch and cleaned and rubbed the glass and it dint come out - until I used a little bit of some soap.

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
I have scuffs from a clear acrylic Belkin case. Other than scuffs most people wouldn't notice, mine is in good shape. Knock on the wood iPhone case!

Redfor

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
Fort Knox, KY area
Not a scratch as of yet :laugh2:

But I do have to say that people who think their phone should be replaced because they smashed/cracked the LCD Amuse me... What ever happened to taking responsibility?

may all your iPhones be blessed and damage free! :cool:

ap93

Bronze
Feb 7, 2008
i was walking by, i tripped and my iPhone flew into the blender, and at that same moment my mom turned the blender on full speed it flew out of the blender smashed through the kitchen window into my dogs water bowl and rolled, on the concrete floor, into a pile of rocks..........No scratches. This device is super durable good job Apple!

kylegod

Silver
Jan 1, 2008
Bethlehem, Pa
My old phone had scratches all over the bezel from the agent18. So with this new replacement one, im not using a case. My last phone also had some scratches on the screen from dropping it in my garage. As soon as i got this one, i put a screen protector on it. The antiglare at the Apple store. And ive dropped my phone without a case and it was fine. On linoleum though. Not concrete. Although a case has saved my phone from concrete drops. Im just very careful now. I want it to be perfect as long as possible.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I dropped mine on the ceramic tile floor of a local restaurant and it barely dented one corner. Most people don't even notice it when they look at my phone, but I know it's there. I've never used any sort of cover or case and that was the second time it had been dropped. Guess I'm just lucky.

kylegod

Silver
Jan 1, 2008
Bethlehem, Pa
my old one had scratches all over the bezel because of the A18 case... so i didn't put a new case on my current phone but it got scratched up on the bottom from the dock... but this phone has like 5 dead pixels so i can take this one back and get a new one scratch free!
another one with dead pixels? 5? wow. my original phone had a really bright annoying one. Returned. 2nd one had 3 stuck pixels, but less noticeable, but returned anyway. 3rd one was good. But i got it wet and sound went dead. And that one had scratches on the screen and bezel. And it didn't get wet in the headphone hole so i didn't set the water detection thing off. So i got another new one. As soon as i got this one, i put an antiglare on it. No case because of bezel scratches. Im gonna keep this one perfect as long as i can.

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
My iDay phone has been perfect. I've dropped it, but I have a good iSkin case. No matter what you do to it in this case, it's looks perfect. I plan on giving this phone to my girl when the 3G phones hit the market later this year with more memory. :p

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
i have only dropped it once. when i got out of my car it was on ,my lap and it flew out, i had a iskin revo and NOTHING happened to it. this was the only time that i have ever dropped it since iday now i have a agent 18 and still i have not dropped it..

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
A few scratches on the bezel, and a small scratch on the screen from cleaning it (that's my guess, I dunno how else I did it), which is hidden by a static screen film. I've only dropped mine on carpet, other than that I've taken very good care not to **** it up.

Feb 13, 2008
hondamaker nice avatar! lol

but still does anyone know the plicyof the iPhone if it is broken and you have a warranty do you have a pay alittle fine for repair?

\thanks

kylegod

Silver
Jan 1, 2008
Bethlehem, Pa
hondamaker nice avatar! lol

but still does anyone know the plicyof the iPhone if it is broken and you have a warranty do you have a pay alittle fine for repair?

\thanks
depends on what you did to it. Mine got wet and sound died but the water detection didn't get wet so I got a new phone.
now if you break the screen you gotta pay 250 for a replacement. Same with most other physical damages