Who has the iPad Mini?

Discussion in 'iPad mini' started by Laurenlew91, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Laurenlew91

Laurenlew91 New Member

Hi I'm a student and I'm writing an article about early innovators with new products and one of the products I'm looking at is the iPad Mini

Here are some questions I'd like to ask

Did you wait in line?
    Was the weather an issue?
    What did you bring with you?
    Did you receive attention from the media? What kind?
    Did you receive attention from friends? What kind?
    Was it about the new technology or the experience?
    What will be your primary use for the new iPad Mini?
    Where did you wait in line?
    Did you pre-order the iPad mini or wait in line?
    How long did you wait to buy the iPad Mini?
    What are the features you like the most?
    Were the features the reason you purchased the iPad Mini?
    Have you received any comments on the tablet from people in general?
    Have the comments been negative or positive?
    Have you owned a different tablet?
    Do you considered this one a significant upgrade?
    Why?

And anything else you’d like to include

Any thing would help I'd appreciate it a lot!
    And if anybody would like to be interviewed directly that would be extremely helpful!

2. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

Hi and welcome to the forums! :)

I will answer the questions that apply to me since I did not wait in line.

-- For me it was about the new technology (read: smaller device) and portability.
    -- I will use the mini for my own personal use. Web, email, short videos, social media and texting via Google Voice
    -- I pre-ordered the LTE / Cellular version (AT&T)
    -- I ordered the day it went live on the Apple Store
    -- The features I like the most about the mini are its size and weight
    -- The features and the Apple ecosystem were my main reasons for buying the mini
    -- Family and friends have all had positive comments about the mini
    -- I have previously owned iPad, iPad 2, iPad 3, Nexus 7, Galaxy Tab 7, Galaxy Tab 8.9, Galaxy Tab 10.1, and a Nook.
    -- Not really an upgrade for me as it was more about the size, weight, portability and the Apple ecosystem.

As you can see my main reasons for buying the mini were size, weight, portability and the Apple ecosystem. With the mini being so portable, I went with the LTE version so that I can use it everywhere regardless of wifi availability.

Hope this helps a little..

3. Laurenlew91

Laurenlew91 New Member

It definitely does thanks for the help!

4. rambo47

rambo47 Contributor
    Silver

Did you wait in line? Nope. Walked into the Apple Store and picked it up on 11/20.
    Was the weather an issue? Not at all.
    What did you bring with you? My iPhone 4s and my wallet.
    Did you receive attention from the media? What kind? No media coverage.
    Did you receive attention from friends? What kind? Very positive reaction from friends and coworkers. They were impressed with how much nicer it is in person and how much more useful it looks vs their preconceptions.
    Was it about the new technology or the experience? New technology. I have an original iPad and wanted something smaller.
    What will be your primary use for the new iPad Mini? On-the-go email, web browsing, pictures, music, mapping. Pretty much the entire experience.
    Where did you wait in line? Apple Store Rockaway NJ.
    Did you pre-order the iPad mini or wait in line? No line - I just walked in and bought one.
    How long did you wait to buy the iPad Mini? I waited a week or so to read reviews and listen for issues on support forums.
    What are the features you like the most? Smart Covers are slick. The tiny overall size for a tablet with a relatively large screen is awesome.
    Were the features the reason you purchased the iPad Mini? Portability, ease of use, the general iPad experience.
    Have you received any comments on the tablet from people in general? Folks all call it drool-worthy. And of course they all want one.
    Have the comments been negative or positive? 100% positive.
    Have you owned a different tablet? iPad 1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Original Kindle DX and Kindle 2.
    Do you considered this one a significant upgrade? Yes, it's quite a nice upgrade.
    Why? Speed, size, and getting the full features of a larger iPad in a much smaller package.