Who here owns a Mac computer?

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I've had my macbook for about a week and I am still getting use to it. As far as the simpleness everyone talks about I think its just different from xp but I don't know I would call it simple. I didn't think my windows xp was that difficult. There are a lot of stuff on my xp that I miss. The trackpad on the macbook is different from my pc laptop and I am finding it hard to get use to. The macbook is nice but it's not what I thought it would be. There is a lot of complicated apps that I find much more difficult to use than xp. I am torn between the two but hopefully will get use to using the macbook. I am taking a class at the Apple store on Sunday for 1st time mac users. I will let you know if it was worthwhile.

southpawace024

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
I just got xbox 360 and have a Macbook Air. Does anyone here know how to use the MBA as a wireless hook up to the ethernet cable instead of buying the 100$ adapter?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
what are you having trouble with using the trackpad?

if you go to

Apple --> system preferences --> Keyboard & Mouse

try these settings.

I found them helpful for creating a more "windows" feeling. It enables tapping the pad to click, and if you tap with two fingers it right-clicks (which was very easy to get used to for me).

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I just got xbox 360 and have a Macbook Air. Does anyone here know how to use the MBA as a wireless hook up to the ethernet cable instead of buying the 100$ adapter?

hehe... i just did this last night. gimme a few minutes to write something up for ya.

A

anji

[FONT=&quot]Hi

I've been reading about laptops in the past couple days and I'm thinking about getting one soon. I've read a lot of good things about Macs. For those who use them, what do you think? Should I make the switch from a PC? Why or why not?

Thanking You.
[/FONT]

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
I have a unibody mac 2.4 ghz and I love it. I made the switch from a PC and Im glad i did. It is extremely fast and everything just works. there is no failing drivers or updates. If i was going to do it all over again i will definatly get a Mac.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Get a Mac ! I also recently switched from PC's to Mac's. I have the same one Kenneth has.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Same here. I switched over a year ago and haven't looked back. I can do everything I used to do with windows and more. And iTunes works SO much better in OSX than in windows, which is huge for me.

Also the build quality is far superior to any PC manufacturer out there... Especially the unibody MacBooks. Built like a tank.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I can't add much more to what everyone has said. I was a PC user for many years and switched to a MBP a year or so ago. Wish I had done it many years ago. Things just work with mac and seamless at that. Start up and shut down times don't take the whole day and crashes are a rarity. If you need/want to run windows you can on a mac. To sum it up, you just don't have the problems you do with a PC. Plug and Play has two entirely different meanings.

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
Also everything is DRAG AND DROP. It is so simple to use that most of the time you think too much when you first start using it.

ADDam

Bronze
Mar 2, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
I switched over a few years ago, and I WILL NEVER go back. Mac are so... Simple. It's almost frustrating to use a PC after a few years of Mac use!

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Sorry guys, this member was here to get links to his site. Good topic, but the intent was not very good.