Who is getting a iPhone for Christmas?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Bboy Trick

Bronze
Jul 14, 2007
NJ
I have been on this site since the iPhone came out and had to make a new account but anyway i cant wait until christmas so i can take the cash and run out and get a iPhone. im a iPhone nut but never saved my cash for one and now for christmas i asked for cash and im just gonna buy one.:laugh2:

Panache010

Silver
Aug 19, 2007
i LOVE my phone but research it before you buy it. ALOT of people were so concerned with what it doesn't do that they didn't spend time enjoying what it does do!

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I agree with the second post. Be sure to do your research. My only comment to people that troll the iPhone because of what it doesn't have is "You should have researched it before you bought it.".

You'll love it though. I promise. :)

- John

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
Good point - my 14-year-old was on my back for months wanting an iPhone before it came out. I got mine and he looked at it for an hour or so and decided that he wasn't interested any more for several reasons - no mms, no phone-to-phone BT, no zoom etc.

Anyone who has asked Santa for an iPhone should really spend a while checking one out beforehand.

Lester56

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
(hmmmm, I seemed to have missed something)

Anyhoo...

My adorable and very pampered (spoiled rotten) niece of 17yo began begging me for an iPhone for xmas. I've been telling her "no", "no", "no". Well while visiting for Turkey Day she asked me again over breakfast. My comment was, "I'll buy you the iPhone but you have to pay the $106/monthly fee." Both her parents snapped their heads up in unison and in stereo said, "no!".

I bought her an iPod Nano last year.

tyoung

Bronze
Nov 1, 2007
So Cal
Well, I am hoping my wife has paid attention to my not so subtle hints for the past 6 months! But if not, I usually end up with some extra cash from relatives for Christmas, so I will buy it myself. Either way, I will have an iPhone by the 26th :cool:

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
luckily i didn't have to wait till Christmas and waste all of my presents.. :p

i'm going with a Wii and 360 for xmas.
going to tape them together to make the Wii60.

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
I'm jewish, but i will have it by birthday which is the 26th of December. Can't wait.

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
lol i hope you get one too. I really like them a lot but i want it prepaid and i don't think you can get it prepaid.

i thought there was some plan that you could pay as you go? i'm not sure if those are the same things..i have never had a pay as you go phone or prepaid phone.

Optimous

Bronze
Nov 30, 2007
im getting one for x-mas or before...i know all the cons of it and they all don't matter to me i never use them and proly never will.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
lol i hope you get one too. I really like them a lot but i want it prepaid and i don't think you can get it prepaid.
Why would you buy an iPhone now? The CEO of AT&T, announced that a 3G iPhone is coming out in 2008. Wouldn't it make sense, since you have waited this long, to wait a little longer? The 2008 iPhone will probably have some of the features, everyone has been complaining that, the current model doesn't have. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense, to buy something that is going to be replaced very soon. Just my two cents...M

Panache010

Silver
Aug 19, 2007
Why would you buy an iPhone now? The CEO of AT&T, announced that a 3G iPhone is coming out in 2008. Wouldn't it make sense, since you have waited this long, to wait a little longer? The 2008 iPhone will probably have some of the features, everyone has been complaining that, the current model doesn't have. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense, to buy something that is going to be replaced very soon. Just my two cents...M
I agree. Why buy if the 3G is about to drop in '08? The only down side to the wait is knowing them, we might be waiting till 12-31-08 for the 3G!

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
I agree. Why buy if the 3G is about to drop in '08? The only down side to the wait is knowing them, we might be waiting till 12-31-08 for the 3G!
I concur, also the fact that iPhone 2008 is coming, probably kills any hope for a major update of the current model. I am starting to believe that Apple purposely left out such functions, (already on other PDA's) such as Cut & Paste. Apple had to have new features to sell iPhone v2, and Cut & Paste will probably be one of them. I like my iPhone, especially the browser. I will probably never buy any other version of the iPhone though. I can get a lot more "Bang" for my buck, purchasing other PDA's. I also can basically be in control of other devices, instead of letting Steve Jobs decide what I need and don't need on my phone.

I believe that if Apple doesn't end the complete control of the iPhone. Apple is going to seriously lose sales on iPhone v2. People have realized that the premium price one pays for an iPhone, is not worth the dictatorial rule, Apple has over the phone. You can already see how this forum, has slowed to a crawl. The hackers are losing (have lost) interest in the iPhone. The tech geeks (such as myself), have moved on to newer, more feature ladened PDA/Phones. Last but not least, Apple has all but killed the enthusiasm of the iPhone, with their sub par updates, price drop, model (4GB) discontinuation, the bricking of phones and slow adaptation of usable (or any) third party apps. I truly believe, that you will not see another iDay hysteria, for version 2 iPhone. Look at the lackluster sales, in the UK. I think even some of the most staunch Apple supporters, are sick and tired of Apple's "Cat & Mouse" game in reference to the iPhone. I also believe that it is Steve Jobs "SUPER SIZED EGO" that is ultimately, going to be the death of the iPhone. Apple has even managed to strain their businesss relationship, with AT&T. You could almost say, everything regarding the iPhone has been mishandled. You may soon see the iPhone sitting on a store shelf, next to the other tech flop of the decade, the Zune....M