Who is Going to be The Service Provider?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

emmaonline

Bronze
Nov 24, 2006
I was just wondering if iPhones are going to be avaialble from all of the major cell phone carriers like Sprint, Cingular, T-Mobile, Verizon and others or if they will be exclusive to one or a select few carriers? I am currently with Verizon and would get this phone if they had it available but don't think I would switch if it were only available from another carrier.

JiggyMatt

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
www.myspace.com
I was just wondering if iPhones are going to be avaialble from all of the major cell phone carriers like Sprint, Cingular, T-Mobile, Verizon and others or if they will be exclusive to one or a select few carriers? I am currently with Verizon and would get this phone if they had it available but don't think I would switch if it were only available from another carrier.
Its going to be AT&T and ill bet you a million dollars im right.

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
What is it with these really odd posts lately?

To answer the OP's question... AT&T and Apple have an exclusive agreement. You can hack the iPhone and get it on T-Mobiles network, but then T-Mobile is about the only provider that sucks more than AT&T... so I'm not sure why you would want to do that. Everyone else (Verizon, Sprint) use a different and incompatible network, so it will never happen for those carriers.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX

To answer the OP's question... AT&T and Apple have an exclusive agreement. You can hack the iPhone and get it on T-Mobiles network, but then T-Mobile is about the only provider that sucks more than AT&T... so I'm not sure why you would want to do that. Everyone else (Verizon, Sprint) use a different and incompatible network, so it will never happen for those carriers.
The original post was 11/30/06. I would hope the OP knows by now :p

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio

Some retard is reviving old posts from last year. Ignore him and he'll go away (hopefully).