Who is the iPad mini's target audience ?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

raqball

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 30, 2011
So. California
My best guess would be children, book readers & people who don't already own an iPad / people who can't afford the full size iPad...

I don't know... Me personally I'd love the mini size but won't buy because of the old hardware included at premium price..

My .02

JackRouach

Bronze
Jul 20, 2011
Stupid people that don't realize for $180 more u get a way better ipad or more stupid people that rather get the mini for the same price as a pre owned ipad 2 doesn't both the ipad 2 and ipad mini have the same processor and same resolution screen wtf would anyone but this if Apple sold it like the amazon and them 199 that's why Apple stock went down after the release lol

JackRouach

Bronze
Jul 20, 2011
I have iPhone 5 love it ipad 3 love it Apple TV love it Mac Pro for editing at work love it so I am a Apple fan to a point so understand I don't hate Apple just think (so do many read newspapers) its not worth the price point. And yes it will sell what was their last product that didn't. Just saying my personal opinion

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I have iPhone 5 love it ipad 3 love it Apple TV love it Mac Pro for editing at work love it so I am a Apple fan to a point so understand I don't hate Apple just think (so do many read newspapers) its not worth the price point. And yes it will sell what was their last product that didn't. Just saying my personal opinion
Then say it without the rudeness and snarkiness. Everyone here, not just you, should show some civility.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
I believe Apple was looking for a price point which has not to many competition (not that they fear it).
That price is right in between cheap and pricy.
Apple is geared to middle to upper class costumers. People who buy brand name items.
Most lower income family can still get the Apple brand but look first at a better value.
Apple likes to have something for every age group as well.. Have you ever gone to one of their classes? All older folks 50 and above. While iPads trend with Teens and younger. iPhones are for all ages .
The iPad mini will do very well in businesss IMO.
And they kept the iPad2 for schools (no Siri)