Who is unlocked AND upgraded to 1.1.1?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

roadracer516

Bronze
Sep 8, 2007
Curious who braved the update to 1.1.1 with a fully unlocked iPhone and what the result was? I heard that 3rd party stuff was wiped out, but have not seen anything on an unlocked iPhone.

domi

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
Texas
his outcome was that the phone now says invalid sim or something to that effect even when he places the AT&T sim card in there. i believe he tried to return the phone but he had no luck. (good thing I love AT&T and stayed with them ^_^)

Hi-Phone

Jul 5, 2007
his outcome was that the phone now says invalid sim or something to that effect even when he places the AT&T sim card in there. i believe he tried to return the phone but he had no luck. (good thing I love AT&T and stayed with them ^_^)
Its Very HILARIOUS to know that people try to upgrade their unlocked phones KNOWING that their phone will be Automatically relocked once the update is finished or worse just BRICKED! thats what guys get! shouldve stuck with AT&T then you wouldve had no problems except for the apps at least... GOOD LUCK and keep counting the seconds until you can use your phone again! HAHAHHAHAHA:laugh2:

roadracer516

Bronze
Sep 8, 2007
Or......you just don't do the update and everything is fine. I keep my TMobile service with no contract and a lower monthly rate with all features working. No worries for me, the only thing that would be nice would be a louder speaker phone and at the end of the day, I can live without it. Plus TMobile rules if you ask me! I have had it for 4 years and service and coverage is great, plus international is reasonable as well.

firefighterjmar

Bronze
Jul 20, 2007
Or......you just don't do the update and everything is fine. I keep my TMobile service with no contract and a lower monthly rate with all features working. No worries for me, the only thing that would be nice would be a louder speaker phone and at the end of the day, I can live without it. Plus TMobile rules if you ask me! I have had it for 4 years and service and coverage is great, plus international is reasonable as well.
you're not missing anything. i updated my phone to the new firmware and speaker volume is still the same.