Who is using what?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What platform are you using?

• Mac

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Windows

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Both

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Mac user since early 80's when they had Mac Classics in college. Bought my first Mac in the early 90's - a PowerMac 6100 with 8MB of RAM. I upgraded to a robust 32MB of RAM. Next computer was a PowerComputing Mac clone and then moved to a dual process G4. My latest rig is a PowerMac G5 DP and a PowerBook G4. Haven't made the jump to the Macintel computers yet, but Leopard might be a reason.

-Chris

Lob

Bronze
Jan 22, 2007
Glastonbury, CT
I am a Mac user/technician. I use Windows and Mac at the college I work for. I am the only mac technician here and you can imagine the razing i get from the PeeCee techs here. I am seeing more Mac laptops on campus here every year and they seem to be out numbering the Windows machines. I can't stand Windows and do everything I can to stay away from it!

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
My first computer was an Atari 520 way back yonder in 1987. From there it was a logical step to a Mac and I've never looked back since.

Bender

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Virginia
I'm a Mac user all the way... :cool: I just converted my wife to a Mac, bought her a iMac G5 with the intel processor so she can still use some of her windows programs. I have to convert her slowly. ;)

She can't wait for the iPhone to come out. She should be up and running her iMac full speed by then... :)

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Windows Vista on desktop and laptop at home, and Windows XP Pro at work. Like macs, but can't see $2800 for the macbookpro.

I don't have any problems with Windows. I've used macs before and really didn't see much difference.

According to the poll, it looks like the Windows users aren't replying to this thread.

Mar 25, 2007
AZ
Mac user since early 80's when they had Mac Classics in college. Bought my first Mac in the early 90's - a PowerMac 6100 with 8MB of RAM. I upgraded to a robust 32MB of RAM. Next computer was a PowerComputing Mac clone and then moved to a dual process G4. My latest rig is a PowerMac G5 DP and a PowerBook G4. Haven't made the jump to the Macintel computers yet, but Leopard might be a reason.

-Chris
My first computer was a PowerMac 7200, 75 Mhz processor.... and I THINK it might have had 16 MB of RAM when I got it and I too upgraded to 32MB at some point... and that was a crazy lot to have back then...this was the first mac I ever owned, but of course we had the old Apple IIe in my elementary school well before I ever owned a computer.... you know... the "Oregon Trail" machine....

Currently I have an aging 12" Powerbook G4. Tt still works fantastic and is nowhere near being obsolete... try getting a windows machine that isn't outdated the minute you get it out of the store... :p

Macster

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Oregon
I am... a Macster! Started out in about'83 with a Mac Plus, which toated 1mb of ram, upgradable to 4! Now who would ever need more ram than that? Now I am living life on a G5.

At work, now that's another story. PC platform. Not bad, now that Windows has evolved towards the Mac! I can remember when windows '98 came out... "Windows 98 = to Mac 86."

I just prefer Mac.

beley

Bronze
Apr 2, 2007
I'm on a Mac and have been for a while. Currently have two (2) MacBook Pros and a 12" Powerbook G4. In fact, I just switched from Verizon to Cingular so I can get the iPhone the day it hits the stores :)

hoits2000

Bronze
Mar 15, 2007
Got my first MacBook and I love it. Boots up super fast, and no viruses or issues since. Its been a few months now, woohoo! The Safari browser does run alittle slow though.

khunlyon

Bronze
Apr 2, 2007
I am an avid mac user. I still have my three year old powerbook g4 (15in) which i upgraded to have everything it could have at the time i bought it. still works great (never had a pc for more than a year or so before it dying on me). Next computer will be a fully upgraded macbook.

use pc's at work and definitely prefer mac - windows simply isn't as functional as osx

Mar 31, 2007
Apple II to the G5

I'm an early adopter of anything Mac...I got the very first generation iPod the day it was available and I still have the Apple II that my dad bought when it first came out...and now I have my own editing suite at home that consists of a Mac G5 and two 23-inch HD Cinema screens...I'll always use Apple products b/c they are unmatched to anything else out there....