who knew the sleep button could cause so many problems...

imse

Feb 10, 2008
so my phone was in my lap when i was driving and it slid in between the seat and center console when i turned. when i fished it out, i realized that it was restarting. after i examined it, i noticed the sleep button is stuck down. so my phone just keeps restarting itself.

i took it to Apple and they said that they cant do anything at all but sell me a replacement. i have no idea what i should do! any ideas?

thanks.

overbo0st2k4

Bronze
Oct 17, 2007
That sucks. I would try another Apple store and just tell them that you were using it and thats what happened. =/

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Take a small piece of rubber... a piece of eraser for example... small... and try to press the button down and shift it around a bit with the friction. Hopefully you can pop it back out.

Shame that the bahstids couldn't have just done it there easily with proper tools under warranty but I know that's not how Apple service is done.

imse

Feb 10, 2008
its not like stuck down, its jammed. ive tried wiggling it out, ive tried tweezers. im just going to keep playing with it, i might try taking to another Apple store tomorrow.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
its not like stuck down, its jammed. ive tried wiggling it out, ive tried tweezers. im just going to keep playing with it, i might try taking to another Apple store tomorrow.
I'd go another Apple store, and if they won't at least try to fix it, speak to the manager. Seems like that is something they should at least try to work on. Good luck!

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
you are not out of warranty, so why wont they fix it?

Nov 24, 2007
so my phone was in my lap when i was driving and it slid in between the seat and center console when i turned. when i fished it out, i realized that it was restarting. after i examined it, i noticed the sleep button is stuck down. so my phone just keeps restarting itself.

i took it to Apple and they said that they cant do anything at all but sell me a replacement. i have no idea what i should do! any ideas?

thanks.
thats BS.. some service.. if u know someone that repairs them get them to take a look at it

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
yeah i would do like they said and try another Apple store. if they don't accept it, it's time to try and fix it yourself.

maybe if you take it apart then you might be able to fix it.
if you post a pic i might be able to help further

it's a worth a shot trying to fix it yourself and saving the money

powersrus

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Battle Creek, MI.
Man I would sure try and take it to another Apple store. That is bs someone should TRY and do something for you. They should just exchange if for you even if not with a new one atleast a refrub! Dang good luck man!:mad: