Who LOVES their iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
I see a lot of complaints and let down ppl on this board.

Who, like myself, is absolutely IMPRESSED with the iPhone, and thinks it is SPECTACULAR!?! :)

Ranged30

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
Count me in the absolutely impressed category. Phenomenal device and well worth the 27 hour wait I went through to be first in line to get one.

Love it, love it, love it. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones that was able to get everything up and running in minutes.
But I'm also really bummed for everyone who hasn't had the same experience. I would be positively homicidal if I was the one suffering from "inability to connect". I hope AT&T can get their poop together soon so everyone can start enjoying their iPhones.

MomPOM

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
NW Burbs of Chicago
I love mine oh so much! Now, if I were having the activation problems some others are having I may be a little less gleeful.

Hang in there everyone! Your bliss will soon be here!

art

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Count me in the absolutely impressed category. Phenomenal device and well worth the 27 hour wait I went through to be first in line to get one.
If I had not used all of the different smartphones over the last few years, thus having so much to compare it to, I would probably rate it higher. However I have so much to compare it to that I find it a very nice device but not spectacular. I'm glad that I bought it, and it does entertainment in a fantastic way. It takes iPod functionality to the next level with the widesreen display. That's what I like best.

As an entertainment device it's terrific, absolutely the best. As a phone it's mediocre, as an email device it is miserable as you must look at the keyboard and the hard glass surface is tiring and uncomfortable. However if you do not do very much email, then you can get by. I'm used to touch typing very fast and handling 30 to 40 emails a day on my BlackBerry and that would be impossible on the iPhone.

The lack of 3G is a deal breaker as the web experience is very slow and frustrating. My Blackjack provides a far better web experience even if the display is smaller. It's 3G and that is significant.

I am however very excited at the thought of iPhone ver 2.0. I will dump this on eBay and be at the head of the line for the next iPhone. That will be the one to have. Apple has a great track record of working out all the bugs of a first generation product and following it with one that is a keeper.

This model is a good start for a company that lacks experience with phones, mobile email and mobile web. So when viewed that way and if you've never had another smart phone then one would not know any better.

I give Apple credit as this is a good starting point.

May 12, 2007
well as a paper weight i love it.... almost 24 hrs and still no activation... getting very very very old.
I feel for you man.
I know what it's like to spend a lot of money on something I've been hyped about for months and then have it take a huge steaming peanut filled dump right on my face. ( I've been through 7 xbox 360s)
On a lighter note, my iPhone works great. Was up and running in 4 minutes after opening the box.
I don't really have any complaints, just a wish list.
A2DP & mp3 ringtones.

I

iPhone ©

I think it's a good "toy", which is fun to play with. Once I'm done playing with it, I'll be returning it back. Right now my Treo is still better.

Ranged30

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
If I had not used all of the different smartphones over the last few years, thus having so much to compare it to, I would probably rate it higher. However I have so much to compare it to that I find it a very nice device but not spectacular. I'm glad that I bought it, and it does entertainment in a fantastic way. It takes iPod functionality to the next level with the widesreen display. That's what I like best.

As an entertainment device it's terrific, absolutely the best. As a phone it's mediocre, as an email device it is miserable as you must look at the keyboard and the hard glass surface is tiring and uncomfortable. However if you do not do very much email, then you can get by. I'm used to touch typing very fast and handling 30 to 40 emails a day on my BlackBerry and that would be impossible on the iPhone.

The lack of 3G is a deal breaker as the web experience is very slow and frustrating. My Blackjack provides a far better web experience even if the display is smaller. It's 3G and that is significant.

I am however very excited at the thought of iPhone ver 2.0. I will dump this on eBay and be at the head of the line for the next iPhone. That will be the one to have. Apple has a great track record of working out all the bugs of a first generation product and following it with one that is a keeper.

This model is a good start for a company that lacks experience with phones, mobile email and mobile web. So when viewed that way and if you've never had another smart phone then one would not know any better.

I give Apple credit as this is a good starting point.
I have had the following Smartphones:

Treo 600
Treo 650
Cingular 8125
Cingular 8525
Samsung BlackJack
Blackberry 8700

This device destroys them all! I will also comment this...

I went to the Apple Store today to buy a new case and I had a Genius show me how to pull out the SIM, and when he did it says 3G on the Apple only SIM card! I mentioned this to the Genius (A 10 year veteran of Apple btw) and he smirked and stated yeah I can't really discuss that. I believe we have not seen the last of the 1st gen. iPhone on 3G.

WolfmanXII

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
California
I had very high expectations for the phone and it surpassed them by far. The screen is amazingly colorful and bright. Now i think the 600 dollar price tag is very fair.

AngelJO008

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007

Who, like myself, is absolutely IMPRESSED with the iPhone, and thinks it is SPECTACULAR!?! :)
count me as VERY VERY VERY impressed. I was 3rd in line at my AT&T store and first out of the door at 6:05pm The next day I see my photo in the local paper. bought myself the paper today :D

Ranged30

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
count me as VERY VERY VERY impressed. I was 3rd in line at my AT&T store and first out of the door at 6:05pm The next day I see my photo in the local paper. bought myself the paper today :D
I was 1st in line, waited 27 hours, interviewed and on the tv by 3 stations and run on the air 5 different times, 2 Newspaper articles, and 2 radio station interviews. I definitely got my full 15 minutes of fame.:cool::cool:

GQmacguy

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
...As an entertainment device it's terrific, absolutely the best. As a phone it's mediocre, as an email device it is miserable as you must look at the keyboard and the hard glass surface is tiring and uncomfortable. However if you do not do very much email, then you can get by. I'm used to touch typing very fast and handling 30 to 40 emails a day on my BlackBerry and that would be impossible on the iPhone.

...lack of 3G is a deal breaker as the web experience is very slow and frustrating. My Blackjack provides a far better web experience even if the display is smaller. It's 3G and that is significant.
I understand what you are saying, but your BB was delivering your mail on EDGE though, right? Most of the city's I'm in have Wifi, so the EDGE doesn't bother me much. And the longer I mess with the keyboard, the more I'm getting comfortable with typing emails quicker and 2-thumbed. If I need to pound a super long one out... I'll get my laptop out. You think if you wait a bit you will get quicker on it?
But yes... iPhone r.2 will be interesting to see... but I highly doubt they will include a physical keyboard.

Sorry, I guess I'm a little cranky tonight; all in good discussion. I'm probably a little biased :cool: To each his own!

(pm me the link to your auction if you do ebay it though ;). I want to get an idea of the market on ebay for it! )

GQmacguy

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
...I went to the Apple Store today to buy a new case and I had a Genius show me how to pull out the SIM, and when he did it says 3G on the Apple only SIM card! I mentioned this to the Genius (A 10 year veteran of Apple btw) and he smirked and stated yeah I can't really discuss that. I believe we have not seen the last of the 1st gen. iPhone on 3G.
Good stuff man! I'm with you in hoping! :cool:

tadrewcook

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
Honolulu, HI
I would definitely say this is one of the coolest gadgets I've ever owned. It does a great deal of stuff that I actually find useful when I'm on the go(weather, GOOGLE MAPS is awesome!). I didn't have any activation or sync problems whatsoever (I've had ATTingular for almost 4 years now), and despite a couple software quirks that can always be fixed via fw updates, I am totally satisfied!

n9ngx

May 31, 2007
I understand what you are saying, but your BB was delivering your mail on EDGE though, right? Most of the city's I'm in have Wifi, so the EDGE doesn't bother me much. And the longer I mess with the keyboard, the more I'm getting comfortable with typing emails quicker and 2-thumbed. If I need to pound a super long one out... I'll get my laptop out. You think if you wait a bit you will get quicker on it?
But yes... iPhone r.2 will be interesting to see... but I highly doubt they will include a physical keyboard.

Sorry I guess I'm a little cranky tonight. All in good discussion. :cool: To each his own!

(pm me the link to your auction if you do ebay it though ;). I want to get an idea of the market on ebay for it! )
I love the iPhone. It is a great new innovative device and I just wish it had 3G. I own a Treo 700P also, and I've had a bunch of phones. It is an excellent start. I am eagerly looking towards the second version. Ebay is our savior. We can all upgrade when it comes.

Standog

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
I am even more satisfied that I thought I would be. I've owned a Treo and about 3 other "smart phones" before that and this leaves them all in the dust. Yes, the edge can be a little slow, but it's more than adequate for checking email and such. For heavy surfing, I'd just wait till I'm in range of a wireless connection. All in all, it is really a joy to use. Yes, I'd like to see a few more things, but all in all, count me as one who will say that Apple has done it again. I would never ever go back to my Treo and if I didn't think I could sell it to someone, I'd toss it off of the nearest bridge.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA

I can't believe how nice it is! :laugh2: Since replacing the SIM so I could get it activated this morning around 10 AM, I've been playing with it ever since.

Can't believe that all my contact information, email addresses, pictures of contacts, and calendar appointments all synced to the iPhone without a glitch.

Don't know whether I had a bad SIM or whether the activation assistants botched up my activation order last night, but it was worth the 14 hour wait to finally get it working.:)