Who LOVES their iPhone?

AngelJO008

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
I was 1st in line, waited 27 hours, interviewed and on the tv by 3 stations and run on the air 5 different times, 2 Newspaper articles, and 2 radio station interviews. I definitely got my full 15 minutes of fame.:cool::cool:

UUUGGGGHHH! you def one up'ed me. Congrats on that one!:p

coolpox003

Bronze
Jun 18, 2007
League City, TX
www.myspace.com
I love my iPhone. I was first in line at an At&t store. I think it's awesome to be able to use a phone to post on a forum like im doing now. There are 3 things i'd like to see Apple change though.

1. Ability to take video with the camera
2. To be able to text pics or video
3. To be able to add your own ringers and assign them to different contacts

I think Apple will add some of these features soon.

I LOVE iPhone!

captain4004

Bronze
May 2, 2007
Charleston SC
I feel for you man.
I know what it's like to spend a lot of money on something I've been hyped about for months and then have it take a huge steaming peanut filled dump right on my face. ( I've been through 7 xbox 360s)
On a lighter note, my iPhone works great. Was up and running in 4 minutes after opening the box.
I don't really have any complaints, just a wish list.
A2DP & mp3 ringtones.
Great point, I hope my XBOX keeps working.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I love my iPhone. I was first in line at an At&t store. I think it's awesome to be able to use a phone to post on a forum like im doing now. There are 3 things i'd like to see Apple change though.

I LOVE iPhone!
I was first at an AT&T store. Got there at 7 AM and the next guy showed up around 8 or so. The person with me at first was the policeman.

Lheaxhuns

Jun 27, 2007
Hmm, I wouldn't go that far. So far the consensus is the phone has multiple problems, some being major. You can't text pictures, and receiving one is almost impossible. The ear volume is a huge issue, with mine being so bad it needs replaced. All this on a phone that was suppose to be the best phone ever created? Seems to me like Apple dropped the ball, big time.

DCooper

Jun 15, 2007
I felt like hugging strangers in the Apple store when I got mine, it only has gotten better since. The iPhone is awesome...

thedwp

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
Once I got it activated...I REALLY love it! I think it has set a new bar in the smartphone industry. At the end of the day it's missing a few things, but it's only gonna get better. So I rate it a GREAT device that's going to get greater.

GQmacguy

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Hmm, I wouldn't go that far. So far the consensus is the phone has multiple problems, some being major. You can't text pictures, and receiving one is almost impossible. The ear volume is a huge issue, with mine being so bad it needs replaced. All this on a phone that was suppose to be the best phone ever created? Seems to me like Apple dropped the ball, big time.
Sorry you've had a bad experience! Hey one thing you can do to send pics is everyone in your phonebook that can receive picturemail has an actual picture mail address via their wireless provider. Have them send you one to your EMAIL (just have them add it under their contact for you on whatever phone they have or create a new entry and select that instead of your phone # when they send you a picmail) then you save the ADDRESS it comes from to their contact info in your iPhone. That should work. Give it a try. I do it from my computer all the time, too. ;)

erroneous

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007
Yes, it's everything the Hype sold us on.

I'm absolutely thrilled with my iPhone.

Which by the way, I don't have a cell phone.
"I've got an iPhone."

~lol~~~

Initially I was frustrated with the activation process,
because my computer is running Windows Vista...
which can be brutal with so many other applications
as well. (Running a simple printer for example.)

But Yes. This iPhone is absolutely cool.

Still learning its personality, and discovering, like a kid,
all of its many features that were never promoted in
the introductory information.

So, anyway... Yes! Love it!

John

Bill A.

Jun 26, 2007
The iPhone is one of the rare technology events that comes along every decade to the make managing your life both easier and fun!

I have owned several smart phones (Nokia E61, Treo 650 and Sony Ericson I910). While they did lots of similar things, you had to go into super geek mode and spend countless hours figuring out how to make them work. God help you if you didn't keep up on the features lest you had to relearn them.

The iPhone is the most intuitive device I have ever used and it's truly a revolution. If I were Blackberry (RIM), I would be very nervous because it's only a matter of time before the iPhone has all the functionally with the bonus of super ease of use.

I am thrilled with my bad little phone!

Bebagirl

Jun 30, 2007
I Love my iPhone

:laugh2: I love my iPhone, I waited 14 hours to get it and it was so worth it! I was the first in line and the first one to get one in Downtown San Diego.
I was also having trubble through the activation process, it did not recognized my approval code that ATT gave me. So what I did... I just re runed my credit through iTunes and had no problem after that.
I am still learning a lot about it and have a lot of questions, I will look around here and see if I find my answers if not I will ask you guys and maybe you will know.

UnseenLlama

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
Indianapolis, IN
So I've had over 24 hours to play with my iPhone. 1st in line at the AT&T store in Fishers, IN. Went there at 6am, the only other person was the security guard until noon. Then we officially started the line. Here are some pictures of the campout:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/miarka/sets/72157600556481743/

When I got home, activation only took 3 mins. Reading other people's stories, I hope everyone gets them resolved.

The device is amazing! It has not lost its luster at all. The ease of use is what truly propels this forward, coupled with a brilliant screen and touch capabilities. Sure, it might not be as powerful as a Nokia N95 (which I've owned twice), but the fluidity can not be described. You really need to use the iPhone to understand this.

Yes, there are some shortcomings to the phone: lack of A2DP, can not save files, no video recording, etc. But I think that these features will be added later via a software update. I think people are so used to not being able to "upgrade" their phones or devices. Apple has made that dead simple. We will see new features. Just give it time. For the first convergence device, I am truly amazed. Good job Apple!

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
If I had not used all of the different smartphones over the last few years, thus having so much to compare it to, I would probably rate it higher. However I have so much to compare it to that I find it a very nice device but not spectacular. I'm glad that I bought it, and it does entertainment in a fantastic way. It takes iPod functionality to the next level with the widesreen display. That's what I like best.

As an entertainment device it's terrific, absolutely the best. As a phone it's mediocre, as an email device it is miserable as you must look at the keyboard and the hard glass surface is tiring and uncomfortable. However if you do not do very much email, then you can get by. I'm used to touch typing very fast and handling 30 to 40 emails a day on my BlackBerry and that would be impossible on the iPhone.

The lack of 3G is a deal breaker as the web experience is very slow and frustrating. My Blackjack provides a far better web experience even if the display is smaller. It's 3G and that is significant.

I am however very excited at the thought of iPhone ver 2.0. I will dump this on eBay and be at the head of the line for the next iPhone. That will be the one to have. Apple has a great track record of working out all the bugs of a first generation product and following it with one that is a keeper.

This model is a good start for a company that lacks experience with phones, mobile email and mobile web. So when viewed that way and if you've never had another smart phone then one would not know any better.

I give Apple credit as this is a good starting point.
That is such a joke to say the blackjack provides a better web experience:pI have one. It is pathetic. I don't care how fast it is, it is not the real internet. I've had almost every smartphone on the market and none compare to iPhone as far as web brosing. None.

Standog

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007

I LOVE iPhone!
If you go into the individual contacts, you do have the ability to assign a different ring. I'd like to see the ability to assign a ring to a group, like Friends, etc.

SnkerHeAD

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
its Worth ..... every Penny Total Price $1,150.54

$500.oo Depsot

$599.99 8GB Phone

Tax Nyc 8.7%