Who still has "preparing to ship" from Apple.com?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Aug 11, 2007
No offense, but how many times are you going to start the same type of thread.

With that being said, I ordered a 64GB black using my Apple App on my iPhone 3Gs on Friday at 10AM EST. It has been preparing to ship for days now. I searched UPS and FedEx using my phone number as a reference, and no tracking number for me. I saw that everyone with a 64GB seems to be having the same issue. I hope they had enough stock of them.

Aug 1, 2007
No offense, but how many times are you going to start the same type of thread.

With that being said, I ordered a 64GB black using my Apple App on my iPhone 3Gs on Friday at 10AM EST. It has been preparing to ship for days now. I searched UPS and FedEx using my phone number as a reference, and no tracking number for me. I saw that everyone with a 64GB seems to be having the same issue. I hope they had enough stock of them.
tc2000, did you use the phone number associated with your credit card or debit? that's what worked for me. but i have two phones, the other phone wasn't trackable (one that hasn't shipped out now).

SunnySweet

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 23, 2010
Upstate NY
I will jump on yet another thread to add to my anxiety LOL
@tc Your post made me smile because ...
I ordered a 64 GB white using my Apple App on my iPhone 4 on Friday at 5:20 EST. It has been preparing to ship for days now I searched UPS and FedEx as well with no results. That being said, when I use my order confirmation number and check on the Apple site, it says my phone is scheduled for delivery on the 14th.

Aug 11, 2007
tc2000, did you use the phone number associated with your credit card or debit? that's what worked for me. but i have two phones, the other phone wasn't trackable (one that hasn't shipped out now).
Well what do you know. I was using my cell phone number as the reference, which is what I thought everyone was saying to do. With my Apple registration, I have 3 phone numbers on it, daytime which is my work number, mobile number and then home number. Apparently Apple must use the daytime number. When I went to UPS and used my daytime number I get....

Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong 10/11/2011 9:22 P.M. Departure Scan
10/11/2011 5:35 P.M. Arrival Scan
Shenzhen, China 10/11/2011 3:45 P.M. Departure Scan
10/11/2011 1:59 A.M. Origin Scan
China 10/11/2011 1:36 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Thanks for that suggestion rollinfromhell!

Aug 1, 2007
Well what do you know. I was using my cell phone number as the reference, which is what I thought everyone was saying to do. With my Apple registration, I have 3 phone numbers on it, daytime which is my work number, mobile number and then home number. Apparently Apple must use the daytime number. When I went to UPS and used my daytime number I get....

Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong 10/11/2011 9:22 P.M. Departure Scan
10/11/2011 5:35 P.M. Arrival Scan
Shenzhen, China 10/11/2011 3:45 P.M. Departure Scan
10/11/2011 1:59 A.M. Origin Scan
China 10/11/2011 1:36 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Thanks for that suggestion rollinfromhell!
For sure.. sucks that our orders haven't shipped out yet though =/ Mine's not showing anything cause it's already showing the other phone that i ordered shipped, but not the one i need to know about.

hydro94530

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
How are you guys doing this exactly? Are you selecting freight, package, mail innovations? Are you putting a 1 in front of your phone number, or just area code?

Aug 1, 2007
How are you guys doing this exactly? Are you selecting freight, package, mail innovations? Are you putting a 1 in front of your phone number, or just area code?
We are using our billing phone number that we used on our credit cards to order the phone. So if you have your house number listed, or another number that's used on your card, use that one.

cliffeman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Feenix, Amizona
The way I found mine was by selecting mail innovations. Reference number I used was the order number (take out the last two numbers of it. ex. Wxxxxxxx) and the full zip code on your order (ex 85282-xxxx)

Aug 11, 2007
I went to tracking, then track by reference, then leave shipment type as PACKAGE, put the daytime phone number Apple has for your iTunes account in the form of 1234567890 in the Shipment Reference line, leave the shipment date range alone, leave shipper account blank, pick destination country from drop down, and put in destination zip code in the form of 12345-6889

Aug 11, 2007
Cool thanks all, nothing for me yet :( lol
just to be sure, go into Apple.com and my account and see what they have as your daytime phone number. I thought it would be my cell phone number, which was not showing a shipment. But they actually had my work number for when I call in and they can identify me. When I put that in, it worked.

hydro94530

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
just to be sure, go into Apple.com and my account and see what they have as your daytime phone number. I thought it would be my cell phone number, which was not showing a shipment. But they actually had my work number for when I call in and they can identify me. When I put that in, it worked.
Yeah I tried that too, with and without a 1 in front, and nothing. I'm not too worried. Last year, my tracking didn't even get to "out for delivery" when it actually showed up at my door a day early. And I think I got the tracking like the day before it came too lol. It's always slow to update, but I'm still jealous of ya'll :)

Aug 1, 2007
Yeah I tried that too, with and without a 1 in front, and nothing. I'm not too worried. Last year, my tracking didn't even get to "out for delivery" when it actually showed up at my door a day early. And I think I got the tracking like the day before it came too lol. It's always slow to update, but I'm still jealous of ya'll :)
I just called Apple, and i accidentally got transferred to sales. She asked what i was calling about and then asked for my order number. She then said she was gonna pull it up and said oh for your iPhone 4s, yeah if you ordered it and it says the 14th on the site, you will get it by then. I then asked if I could please be transferred still, she goes there's no need it says it WILL BE DELIVERED ON THE 14th. So I ask again, she just doesn't say anything and transfers me. I ask about it, the other lady is just as snappy saying, oh if it's an iPhone 4S it will be delivered on the 14th, you can look it up on the site. I go okay, that part I understand, I just would like to know why my order shipped out after it went from preparing for shipment, to shipped, and this one has been stuck in preparing for shipment for almost 3 days now. She then goes, well it'll be delivered on the 14th. I go can you please check for me mam? It hasn't moved in 3 days. She just doesn't say anything, and tells me it says it's about to be shipped out, and I said it's been saying that since sunday? She goes, it will be here on the 14th and pretty much hung up. Very very snappy, that was only my second time calling in for a question, and I wasn't being mean at all.

hydro94530

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
I just called Apple, and i accidentally got transferred to sales. She asked what i was calling about and then asked for my order number. She then said she was gonna pull it up and said oh for your iPhone 4s, yeah if you ordered it and it says the 14th on the site, you will get it by then. I then asked if I could please be transferred still, she goes there's no need it says it WILL BE DELIVERED ON THE 14th. So I ask again, she just doesn't say anything and transfers me. I ask about it, the other lady is just as snappy saying, oh if it's an iPhone 4S it will be delivered on the 14th, you can look it up on the site. I go okay, that part I understand, I just would like to know why my order shipped out after it went from preparing for shipment, to shipped, and this one has been stuck in preparing for shipment for almost 3 days now. She then goes, well it'll be delivered on the 14th. I go can you please check for me mam? It hasn't moved in 3 days. She just doesn't say anything, and tells me it says it's about to be shipped out, and I said it's been saying that since sunday? She goes, it will be here on the 14th and pretty much hung up. Very very snappy, that was only my second time calling in for a question, and I wasn't being mean at all.
Wow, doesn't surprise me as I'm sure they're swamped, but still... be nice Apple CS folks! Wondering if that's a canned response they have to tell everyone, or if Apple is that certain we'll all get ours on Friday..

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
I would say all these reps have been constantly bothered since Friday & probably can't take much more.

Aug 1, 2007
Wow, doesn't surprise me as I'm sure they're swamped, but still... be nice Apple CS folks! Wondering if that's a canned response they have to tell everyone, or if Apple is that certain we'll all get ours on Friday..
welp i should call one more time tomorrow. then whoever pulls "it'll be delivered on the 14th" and it doesn't get here on the 14th, i will use their name to their manager.

Update: So I spoke to Dylan now just to be sure, he said those that say preparing for shipment is probably shipping from a warehouse that's closer. He told me the one that was in China was further, so the shipping info came out earlier. He also said what the system is doing is "timing it out", and making sure everyone is getting their phones by the 14th. So if yours says preparing for shipment, you will get yours on the 14th, do not even worry. Very friendly this time around.. Must be a patient guy.