Who thinks the 'leaked' photos of the new iPhone are real?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I'm still not sold on the validity of the new iPhone photos and videos. Tim Cook did say they were doubling down on their security. Who thinks they're real? And does it matter to you?

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
Hey Honda, thanks for asking!

I don't think all these renderings and pics and casings are a representation of the real iPhone to come. This happens every year and every year we get a surprise. Sometimes the surprise is good and sometimes not so good depending on who you speak to.

I remember when this happened before the 3GS came out. OMG the pics and renderings were nice but the 3GS was the same and the 3G as the 4S is the same as the 4. It is time for a change and Apple will certinly give it to us. While most of us think there is but so much you can do while creating a new iPhone, we are not the designers and I believe they have something awesome up their sleeve. The pics and physical housings are nice to look at though, but I am ready to hear from Apple already. I'll be patient. I expect a blow away iPhone and I think we'll get it. Apple has not disappointed so far.

JDem

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 19, 2011
NNJ and Central PA
Strangely the renderings we are seeing aren't coming out at nearly the same pace or volume that they were last summer when we all "just knew" the new phone was gonna be a total rework. There was some speculation that it would be a "just" a 4s, but I think a lot of us thought new hardware.

I guess my thinking is that the renderings this year seem to be fairly consistent and not nearly as many as last year so there may be some solid info in them.

Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
I am leaning towards the photos being fairly close to what we can expect. I can't really see the new iPhone not being a remodel in regards to a larger screen size. I still love the 4/4S design, but how long can you milk an identical design without any changes. I would love a bigger screen size, although nothing crazy like a Note. I don't think we have seen the finished product, but the photos can be a close representation of what we will end up with. I'm an Apple fan and chose not to upgrade to the 4S last year so I am definitely upgrading when the new iPhone comes out.

Hinezy

Contributor
Silver
May 24, 2008
Mt.Carmel, PA
I personally love the supposed leaked design. It would be disappointing if we get something else! It has all the beauty of the 4/4S with some nice upgrades to its size and appearance, what more could you want!

Sent from my 32Gb iPhone 4S using iCafe app

Kgd0630

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 8, 2010
Anderson, SC
I hope they are not the actual phone. It's too much like the 4/4s. Just a different material, moved camera, and taller screen. If that's all, I won't be buying. I'll jump ship for a while.

rambo47

Contributor
Silver
Apr 4, 2010
Northern NJ
I've been holding out hope that this stretched version of my 4s is NOT the real iPhone 5 but it's starting to look like it really is. I wanted a wider AND taller iPhone 5. At first I was saying there is no way I'll buy the 5 it's simply a 4s with an extra 1/2" added to the bottom. But things like nfc are making me reconsider.

Bluewing

Bronze
Apr 13, 2010
Florida
I think its completely unreasonable to think these aren't true. Lets not forget last years "this isn't the real phone, they just kept a tight lid on the real tapered phone"

kaelinlei

Bronze
Oct 17, 2011
I hope they're somewhat real. Not sure if they are though. I personally hope that they stick with a similar form factor of what the phones are now. I actually like the shape of the 4/4S. More so than the 3G/3GS.

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app

{StatuSChecKa}

Contributor
Silver
Jul 7, 2010
NorCal
I believe I can call this 'the official thread', I was quite hesitant to start it.
I don't want this to be a 10 page "whats it gonna be named" thread. But I want to hear what you folks are thinking about the rumors.

I'll start:
1) There is a very high percent that this phone will be larger. But how will it be larger? Wider or just Taller to stretch to 4"? . I guess .5" is not that much, they can wing it by just making it taller.
The 4" speculation is a rumor too.

2) I am not fond of the headphone jack allegedly being on the bottom. How will that work when you place it in the cup holder of your car? Not only will your probably crimp the headphone or AUX cable, but you will loose cable length with the hole being at the bottom.
Also a #1 rule is that you don't put Audio and Power that close together.

I am excited about the possibility of thinner, but the current thickness I am happy with anyway.

Someone please chime in.

Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
Chris was asked by the OP, and he sprinkled holy water on the creation of this thread....

Was going to defend Apple on the "wing it" comment, then recalled antennagate:D

The cup holder condrum was already an issue with the 30 pin connector. Now with both connection on one end of the device, at least there is a solution, tho an upside down iPhone is not the best case scenario.

Here is a good read:

http://www.businesssinsider.com/iphone-5-rumors-2012-8?op=1

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I believe I can call this 'the official thread', I was quite hesitant to start it.
I don't want this to be a 10 page "whats it gonna be named" thread. But I want to hear what you folks are thinking about the rumors.

I'll start:
1) There is a very high percent that this phone will be larger. But how will it be larger? Wider or just Taller to stretch to 4"? . I guess .5" is not that much, they can wing it by just making it taller.
The 4" speculation is a rumor too.

2) I am not fond of the headphone jack allegedly being on the bottom. How will that work when you place it in the cup holder of your car? Not only will your probably crimp the headphone or AUX cable, but you will loose cable length with the hole being at the bottom.
Also a #1 rule is that you don't put Audio and Power that close together.

I am excited about the possibility of thinner, but the current thickness I am happy with anyway.

Someone please chime in.
There are too many threads at present asking what name etc. This thread's title needs to be edited.. to what I'm unsure at present. But, the majority of the things you've posted have been on eiC before. When the time comes these threads will be consolidated.