Votes: 42 71.2%
  • No

Votes: 17 28.8%

• Total voters

PhilipJohn

Bronze
Aug 24, 2007
Bronx, New York
I was just wondering if most people used a case or not to protect their iPhone. I use one, but I feel it "hides" the sleek look of the iPhone, and I'm considering "going naked" so I can enjoy how great it looks. Of course then I worry about dropping it. What do you do?

Jul 24, 2007
Been naked for 6 months

I've been naked for 6 months of usage. The iPhone fits nice and sleek in my front pocket, and that's been great. The problem is the edges of the phone are real slippery, and I feel like I've been getting lucky without dropping it. I tried skinny egrips just on the vertical edges, but the phone's curve caused the egrips not to stay flat, and they peeled away quickly.

So I've ordered a case that wraps around the perimeter of the phone, and I hope it's slim enough. It's very thin, and I think you can either put the case just around the perimeter or on both the perimeter and back. It's called the slim fit case by Cozip. Reviews seem decent, we'll see.

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
This doesn't take into account the cases that you do not put on the iPhone, but rather that you put the iPhone IN - like a holster or belt case.

powersrus

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Battle Creek, MI.
I use the sena flip down case, use to use one that flipped up but didn't like the way the cover would flap into your head. The flip down one seems to help the sound...or atleast that's what I think anyway.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
I went without a case for a very long time but it always felt like I was holding a bar of soap. I had a few minor drops and when the phone was replaced I put the new one in a black incase. No longer sleek and stylish but it looks very cool all black and is just about indestructible. Only problems are that it is hard to get out of my pocket and it can still get scratched if something gets inside the case.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Agent 18 all the way.

It's the only case I can use - because of the look. All of the other one's are either dinky themselves or take away from the iPhone's look.

- John

tiguy99

Bronze
Nov 28, 2007
Chicago
I also use the switcheasy capsule---black.
awesome Hondamaker! Its cool to see who all has iPhone cases as well. I lovethe sleekness of it naked but its too damn slippery lol. This thing is too expensive to drop on the ground naked. I feel like I'm dropping expensive art work

PhilipJohn

Bronze
Aug 24, 2007
Bronx, New York
I just took the case off mine this morning, and after having it on since I got it, I can't believe the difference in how it feels using it. Typing is easier, sleep awake button just a click instead of having to search for it. The screen looks bigger. I really like it without the case better. And using the dock again, like that too. I haven't read one post where someone dropped it and damaged it to the point where they couldn't use it. I do have a screen protector on it. It's nice to know I have the case if I need it.

Spikefood

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
Naked, get slippery sometimes though. Dropped about 4 times from 4-5ft onto its face. So far no scratches on the screen. (couldn't care less about the chrome side/back)