Who wants to quit Apple?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sanjeev, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Sanjeev

Sanjeev Member
    Bronze

After my worse experience with connectivity (WiFi and Bluetooth) and Battery time too became very short after upgrading to iOS 6 on my 4S I am developing disliking for Apple products. Why should we be loyal to them if they are not going to pay heed to our problems. Upgrading always brings new features and ease for the user while Apple has done entirely reverse of that. They even snatched whatever good was there in our phones. I think whenever I will need some other phone or device I will seriously think to buy Apple or not.

2. billnye97

billnye97 Contributor
    Silver

You can if you want to. I tried an Android phone (EVO 4G) and I came back. The ease of use and everything just works is great for me. I'm sure Android is better since the EVO and for others it is a better choice. All you can do is try something else and see if it is better. For me it wasn't.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iCafe app

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

I have a friend with a Razor Max. It's got a great display. But sadly I would never leave Apple. I love my iPhone, and I think a tiny part of it loves me back.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. OzzyMoto

OzzyMoto New Member

I like the Apple ecosystem and am still enjoying their products -- everyone has a choice and its good that there are other options. Good luck with your decision.

5. E Pow

E Pow Member
    Bronze

I think the marketing of other phones (example: Galaxy S3) are causing the second guessing. The honest truth is there are other phones outside of Apple that are really good, and provide more features. The other companies are catching up to what Apple did years ago and that makes it easy to second guess phone purchases. Back in 07 when the iPhone came out before Google came out with Android it was easy to make a decision on what phone to purchase. But Android has really stepped up and there are some killer devices out there now that compete and even overmatch iPhone. I think now in 2012 it’s personal preference, whatever works best for you and whatever your pockets can afford should be what you purchase. We shouldn’t let commercials, or hype, or people dictate to us what we should love and what product is better. It’s all about what YOU love and can afford, and there are plenty of choices out there now. Don’t keep a phone, or buy a phone just because the media, or other’s make you believe it’s the best. If you love Apple, then get Apple, but if you love Blackberry, or Android, or Windows get it. Don’t let anyone make you feel like you’re wrong for owning any of the devices. They aren’t using it every day like you are, so as long as you are happy that’s all that matters. Hell; if you want to use a Razor phone, then use it and love it while you use it. Again, it’s all about what you like. I personally have the best of both worlds, I have an iPhone 5 and the wife has the galaxy S3 so I get to play with both. I love both, but iPhone is my personal choice.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. theorioles33

theorioles33 Evangelist
    Silver

I've never actually tried to leave but I have tried several other devices and OS'. I've had Windows Phone 7 and Android, including my GS3 on ICS. I always come back to the iPhone. Theres a certain comfort level with the iPhone. Cant explain it.

7. PapaST

PapaST Member
    Bronze

Always research your device options and go with what you think works for you. You're making the purchase because you need a device that does what you want/expect. Not because you want Tim Cook to be your friend. I always check out the competition and there are things I like but iPhone just has what I'm looking for.

8. Nrevezzo

Nrevezzo Member
    Bronze

I never saw a note from Apple asking or demanding my loyalty to their products. I choose to use an iPhone and iPad with the only expectation being that it does what it's supposed to do at a price that I deem appropriate. When the Apple products don't meet my expectations then I'll move to other products that will. Simple enough. If you're dissatisfied try a different product.

9. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Apple has millions and millions of customers. I am certain they don't care about one person leaving. Or even a thousand. New customers born every day. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. ednygma

ednygma Contributor
    Bronze

I understand the OP viewpoint but I also second billnye97 said above. I left the iPhone community after the 4 came out and did not upgrade from my 3g. I instead tried out the HTC Inspire because I wanted to see how the droid software worked.

For me I can say that I see positives for both IOS and Droid however I came back to IOS because it just had an intangible feeling that I missed. I loved the smooth integration of the google products in the Droid world but it was not enough to keep me once the 5 came out. I had been waiting for all of 2012 for 1)my upgrade at AT&T to become available in August and 2)the i5 to be released.

In the end, it comes down to personal preference for everyone. I am not a Droid basher nor a total Apple fanboy. I see pros and cons to both and just decided that I preferred Apple.

11. efuseakay

efuseakay Contributor
    Silver

I'm good with them for now. Apple's only getting all this attention because they are now the most valuable company in the world. Switching to a Galaxy S III won't rid yourself of any issues. From faulty batteries, unresponsive home screens, static/crackling during phone calls, to the TouchWiz exploit, other platforms have their own issues as well. Technology is imperfect. It's all about what you're willing to tolerate. Go with what works best for you.

12. Sanjeev

Sanjeev Member
    Bronze

As you mentioned you use both Galaxy S3 and iPhone 5 as well, can you tell me what thing makes you to say iPhone is your personal choice?

13. Sanjeev

Sanjeev Member
    Bronze

The reason why I am asking your views because I never used any Android phone. Listening to the people's view will give me some direction. My iPhone 4S is acting weird after I upgraded it to iOS 6. Many people like me affected by iOS 6 and nobody from Apple side is coming forward to help us. Anyhow thanks everyone for your replies.

14. ednygma

ednygma Contributor
    Bronze

My personal experience was similar. I had the 3g and when I upgraded to IOS 4.0 my phone became more and more unresponsive. I felt like I was beginning to carry a brick. I was not really overly impressed with the iPhone 4 so decided to give a Droid a try. At first I liked it a lot and thought I had found the platform I liked more but as time went on there were more and more issues coming up.

For one, the battery life was not any better and in fact, it was worse. People talk about the great thing of being able to replace the battery and that sounded good at first but I did not like the idea of having to open my phone daily to replace the battery and that eventually led part of my phone to break due to excessive opening/closing. I want a phone with a battery that lasts :)

Then there was the operating system freezing up. At first this was just a once in awhile thing but eventually it grew to a several times day thing where I was constantly having to reset my phone. The worst time was when it happened the day my father passed away and I was trying to contact other loved ones. That was when I knew my Droid experiment was over as soon as I could upgrade.

Phone calls were atrocious and so far the phone clarity and connectivity on the i5 is outstanding.

The size and weight, while attractive to some due to being bigger and brighter and blah, blah, blah, was something that I grew to despise. I cannot believe the difference between the i5 and my HTC inspire.

Now for the good, because I don't want to be a Droid hater...the Droid was much better in integrating my gmail and in merging my gmail contacts with my facebook contacts. I am till looking for a way to do that effectively on my i5 so if anyone has suggestions I am all ears as Ross Perot said.

I loved the ability to buy from Amazon Mp3 directly on my phone and integrate that with my playlists. It appears that I will have to buy through safari link to amazon, download to my amazon cloud and then integrate into my iTunes account now. Doable but just a bit more tedious than on the Droid.

I am sure there are more positives on the Droid that I am not recalling at the moment. All in all though I find both platforms to be attractive and useful I just love the intangibles of IOS and the i5 better which is why I came back.

I hope that helps but either way you go the bottom line is that you have to choose the one that works for you because you are the one using the phone. Good luck!

15. Sanjeev

Sanjeev Member
    Bronze

Thanks for your views. These will help me.

16. aggieman

aggieman Zealot
    Gold

I've been with Android for the better part of a year and a half now. The iPhone 5 has done the exact opposite for me. It has acutally brought me back to Apple and iOS. I've had my Galaxy S3 for a couple months now and I really do like it but iOS6 and the i5 have been a breath of fresh air. Despite the amount of horsepower the GS3 packs it is still laggy at times, battery life at least in my experience is subpar, and unless running stock Android the user experience isn't all that great. I hate the OEM versions of Android (Touchwiz, Sense, etc.). Vanilla Android like what is on the Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7 is on par with and perhaps better than iOS in my opinion but the hardware just isn't there on the Galaxy Nexus. I do love my Nexus 7 however and prefer it to my iPad. That said there are many things that I can do with my Galaxy S3 that I cant with the iPhone 5. I'd recommend trying something else if you aren't happy and go with whatever strikes the perfect balance for you. Don't think you can go wrong either way.

17. Torinate

Torinate Member
    Bronze

Someone said Apple doesn't care if one person leaves.

Well, they better care! See RIM.

I've contemplated leaving as we'll. but, I'm just too invested in Apple to go. I just NEED my phone to work. Apple has released IOS 6 with a rash of problems. I completely expected a new maps out already. I'm disgusted they haven't yet! This is Apple. It's supposed to work! They have slipped up big time this time and it has caused many to leave.

I'm disappointed completely. I expect many fixes to be coming ASAP!

18. aggieman

aggieman Zealot
    Gold

Even though I like the product, I still HATE Apple as a company. I almost feel dirty owning the iPhone 5. BUT one good thing (and also bad thing) is they have complete control over their software and hardware. You can be certain that they are already working to better iOS6 and Maps whereas with my Galaxy S3 I don't even have an idea as to when I'll get Jelly Bean on my AT&T version. The international versions have been getting a slow rollout. With Android phones the manufacturers have to take the vanilla Android OS version, tweak it to their custom version (Touchwiz/Sense)/hardware, then provide to the carrier for testing/approval making for a long, tedious process in which you most likely won't see the most current OS until after the announcement of the next one. Alot of Android phones have just recently received Ice Cream Sandwhich when Jelly Bean has been out on the Galaxy Nexus since June. Samsung and HTC to their credit have got better recently with pushing updates but still nowhere near as dependable as Apple with iOS.

19. iErik

iErik Zealot
    Gold

I had the same issue on the iPhone after adding Facebook contacts. I ended up having some duplicates which I found annoying. If you press the edit button in one of the duplicate contacts you can scroll down and find the "link contact" button and then choose the other contact you want to merge with.

20. ednygma

ednygma Contributor
    Bronze

Thanks...I will give it a try