Who would have preferred a 4" iPhone 6?

Would you have gotten a 4" iPhone 6 if Apple offered it?

• Yes

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • No

Votes: 28 73.7%

• Total voters

Zzz

Contributor
Bronze
Sep 13, 2014
I doubt it's only 0.5%.
I agree, I would say it's more then that. Wish they'd poll it, it be interesting to see the results. I think they would be surprising.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using iCafe App.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I might get blasted for this, but I think the perfect size for any phone, iPhone or Android is 4.3 inches. I have the 4.7 inch iP6 and I'm now used to it, but I think the perfect size for the one handed use is 4.3. I remember I had a Rezound and I felt it was perfect for the one handed use. Slightly bigger then a 4 inch screen, but still compact enough to handle 1 handed 100% of the time.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using iCafe App.
blast.jpg

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I'm getting killed in this poll. No one agrees with me? No one is struggling with this big phone? I feel so isolated and alone right now. Send help.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
it's ok mindi, zoolander agrees with you.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
No way! I'm loving my 6 Plus. Even the 6 seems rather small. I think the ideal size would have been the 5 inch. Everything on the Plus just pops out with the HD screen. I've always been a two-handed user anyway. By the way, I have smaller hands for a guy.

Last edited:

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I should have worded the poll differently and asked that only single-handed users vote. Two-handed users have nothing to lose by a bigger screen except pocketabability. And if you're a guy, you probably have large pockets anyway and girls carry a purse, so that's a non-issue for a lot of people.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
A guy in Costco walked past me tonight using an iPhone 5 or 5s with one hand. I got jealous and nostalgic. Then I got the wrong kind of hotdog and it sucked so I threw it away. First world problems.

Docd

Contributor
Silver
Oct 16, 2011
I'm getting killed in this poll. No one agrees with me? No one is struggling with this big phone? I feel so isolated and alone right now. Send help.
I love the size of the 5s but I did go with the plus as I wanted the few bump in specs. I find it a chore to use and it's a balancing act to use one handed. I wish I could have gotten the same spec in the 6 I would have gone with that. But I do love having the big screen as its makes it so easy to read think when my eyes are tired. I wish they would add a triple tap on the reachably so the screen not only slid down but to the side.

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
I told you your in that 0.5% LOL! Seriously though think about it .... might be exaggerating with that number but I bet it doesn't go past 5% ....

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I told you your in that 0.5% LOL! Seriously though think about it .... might be exaggerating with that number but I bet it doesn't go past 5% ....
Higher. I'm sure there are plenty of girls out there with good eyes and small hands who use their phones single-handed and agree with me. They just aren't on this forum.

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
Higher. I'm sure there are plenty of girls out there with good eyes and small hands who use their phones single-handed and agree with me. They just aren't on this forum.
Ok I will give you the benefit of the doubt 10% ..... NO MORE!

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
No way! I'm loving my 6 Plus. Even the 6 seems rather small. I think the ideal size would have been the 5 inch. Everything on the Plus just pops out with the HD screen. I've always been a two-handed user anyway.
I do agree 5" would have been a perfect entry size and then 5.5 or 5.7 on the plus! If the 6 would have been 5 inches I would have kept it for me personally 5.5 is on the big side but it's just because Apple's device is just taller because of the home button I have held numerous 5.5" phones like for example the note 3 and I think it feels great.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I do agree 5" would have been a perfect entry size and then 5.5 or 5.7 on the plus! If the 6 would have been 5 inches I would have kept it for me personally 5.5 is on the big side but it's just because Apple's device is just taller because of the home button I have held numerous 5.5" phones like for example the note 3 and I think it feels great.
I do agree that Apple should have shrunk down the bezels a bit. I think that much bezel is unnecessary.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
for what it's worth, my girlfriend is also having trouble with the size.

yes, that's what she said.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I do agree that Apple should have shrunk down the bezels a bit. I think that much bezel is unnecessary.
Do you want a fingerprint scanner that works as poorly as a SG and is awkward to use? If not, you need that big bezel at the bottom for the home button/fingerprint scanner. The top bezel can go if you don't mind it looking asymmetrical.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Do you want a fingerprint scanner that works as poorly as a SG and is awkward to use? If not, you need that big bezel at the bottom for the home button/fingerprint scanner. The top bezel can go if you don't mind it looking asymmetrical.
I think they could still keep the fingerprint scanner size and take about a cm off the bezel size.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I think they could still keep the fingerprint scanner size and take about a cm off the bezel size.
Maybe 2 mm. It's already incredibly close to the edge, but it looks like they could shave off a couple millimeters right above the scanner.