Who would have preferred a slightly thicker iPhone?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Wow. You use two phones? That would be hard for me to just keep switching

Sent from my iPhonejdrlqweendeeqsseaalrwqlazOaas ewwrlsiiweoriredgeadkqssawAsoàXal
I just keep the 5s on the nightstand and grab it when I get in bed.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
On second thought, after a couple more days of usage, I guess it wouldn't matter if it was thicker because I have pretty much completely lost single-handed usability anyway. A bigger battery would be nice. I'm adapting to using it two handedly when sitting and standing, but this 4.7" is extremely difficult to use while lying on my side in bed, which I used to be able to do very easily for a couple hours at a time on my older iPhones. I have resorted to using my 5s in bed because it's just too difficult on my 6 in that situation.
There's always hand enlargement surgery as an option :D j/k I agree this phone would have been way better with some more thickness/larger battery

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
Now that I have my iPhone 6 yeah it is a little thin. Hard to pick up sometimes. Maybe once I get the case on it it will be better. Not really sure why it has to be so thin. I'm not complying just making an observation.Happy so far with my new phone. Apple rocks.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Maybe a slightly thicker 6s next year.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Now that I have my iPhone 6 yeah it is a little thin. Hard to pick up sometimes. Maybe once I get the case on it it will be better. Not really sure why it has to be so thin. I'm not complying just making an observation.Happy so far with my new phone. Apple rocks.
image.jpg

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
D'oh... I blame apple and auto correct for that misspelling.

Ron7624

Bronze
Nov 11, 2011
I think the 4.7 feels pretty good in the hand. I like the thinness of the device and with my useage I getting terrific battery life. I'm over 50% at bed time. With the same useage on the 5, I would have to give it a boost every day on my way home from work. Granted I use my iPad rMini for most things most of the day.
My only problem with the 4.7 inch iPhone six is the power button on the side. I want to hold the device geometrically straight so I'm always turning down the volume on my ringer. If it would've been a tad lower it would've been better for me.
Overall, I love this new phone. It is more fun to use, and I guess that's because it's got more bells and whistles's thanyour previous iPhones with the previous operating systems.

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
On second thought, after a couple more days of usage, I guess it wouldn't matter if it was thicker because I have pretty much completely lost single-handed usability anyway. A bigger battery would be nice. I'm adapting to using it two handedly when sitting and standing, but this 4.7" is extremely difficult to use while lying on my side in bed, which I used to be able to do very easily for a couple hours at a time on my older iPhones. I have resorted to using my 5s in bed because it's just too difficult on my 6 in that situation.
I have just thing that will help with your 1 handed operation

Attachments

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
I'm enjoying my new iPhone 6. I agree that it is really thin. Almost dropped it when I went to put it in my pocket. Great battery life and just updated to 8.0.2. I have fairly big hands so it's not too bad when in my bed. The power button on the side was a good move. However, I still reach for the button in the top only to realize that it's no longer there.

Rjames

Sep 28, 2014
I wish the iphone 6 plus a lot shorter

dallasjetfan

Contributor
Bronze
Oct 15, 2011
I really like the size of the 6 especially with the leather case which gives it some grip. The case won't last long or protect much but looks and feels great IMO.

dallasjetfan

Contributor
Bronze
Oct 15, 2011
^^^To add to above. I tried adding an Otterbox case to my IP6 and it made it way too bulky even though the protection would have been way better. I know the leather case will not last with oils and water so I will just wear this out and maybe get the Apple silicone.

mbairguy

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 8, 2012
Birmingham, AL
After 2-weeks of use...No. I would like to see a reduction in case size (shorten) but then I would have to major complain about the removal of the Home button...

tortex73

Contributor
Bronze
Sep 30, 2014
I would definitely have preferred a thicker phone, even one with sharper corners. This thing is not comfortable to hold at all, and I always feel like I'm going to drop it.

Njshoremom4gurlz

Contributor
Silver
Sep 13, 2011
Only for battery capacity I wouldn't mind more room but I honestly love how the thin and roundness of these new iPhones.

Njshoremom4gurlz

Contributor
Silver
Sep 13, 2011
A case always added to the iPhone size I always grab life proof or Even mophie... Or even the defender (Not bothering w the defender this time)

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
Check out this video on a comparison between iPhone 6 and a clone. The clone is thicker, this thickness would have done wonders for battery life and camera aestetetics.