Who would you like to meet, alive or dead?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Who would you like to meet, alive or dead, and why?

I'm absolutely fascinated with astronomy. When I was a kid, my room was decorated with posters of planets and maps of the moon. I've since graduated to large framed prints by Jason Ware. Astronomy 101 was my favorite course in college. I spend a lot of time thinking about the universe and its properties, as well as time travel, travel through space, and the possibility and likelihood of an afterlife and life elsewhere in the universe.

Therefore, I would like to meet Stephen Hawking (alive) and Carl Sagan (dead).

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
John Lennon (I know there's a shock!) -- because he was amazing. thats it
My grandfather because I never met him. He died when my dad was 8 or 9
Marilyn Monroe because she was a complex human being that nobody ever really knew
Steven Spielberg (alive) because I have always wanted to make movies just like his.
JFK because I'm fascinated with the Kennedy's. I think the world would've been a lot different had he not been shot.

EDIT: Forgot to add why....

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Albert Einstein (dead) - just having a conversation with this man would be mind-blowing.

Marilyn Monroe (dead) - she was a fascinating icon and not to mention, pretty darn gorgeous.

Robin Williams (alive) - i've admired his comedic genius since I was little...

Mo Lester

Bronze
Jul 27, 2009
Pat Tillman - he gave up millions to defend his country

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Ernest Hemingway (dead) - just for his (way) larger than life character and his brilliant writing - reckon he'd be pretty cool to have a drink (or two) with.

Stephen Fry (very much alive) - to soak up some of his massive knowledge and enjoy his amazing wit and humor.

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
Alive: Stephen King. The guy seems pretty down to earth and I'd love to just chat with him.

Dead: Paul Brown. The guy was a football genius. I'd love to get his opinion on how to make a winner of my Cleveland Browns (who the team was named after).

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Hitler - for an interview, Im sure there are many that would want to know what he was thinking, ask him questions then kill him.

Björk - because im enthralled by her creativity.

L

lararefaeli

Hi all

I would like to meet (dead) Michael Jackson
Michael Jackson was unquestionably the biggest pop star of the '80s, and certainly one of the most popular recording artists of all time. He was the first black artist to find stardom on MTV, breaking down innumerable boundaries both for his race and for music video as an art form.
I would like to meet (alive) Tom Cruise
An actor whose name has become synonymous with all-American testosterone-driven entertainment, Tom Cruise spent the 1980s as one of Hollywood's brightest-shining golden boys.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Scientology is no more fantastical than any other religion.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Abraham Lincoln who I find to be one of the most human and fascinating of all the Presidents, and John F. Kennedy.

Abominogg

Bronze
Oct 19, 2008
Man, almost everyone is simply trying to impress each other with their picks. No one wants to meet the inventor of beer? How bout Steve Jobs or Bill Gates?
'Oh, I wanna meet Hitler, or Vonnegut, or Lincoln'. Such phonies. Be real, people.